So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Welcome back, Lynet! Looking forward to your further Sim Adventures! We've missed you!!

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thanks, Sacha. I've missed all of you here, too. Going cold turkey for a week is dreadful. :crazy: (I missed these smilies, too. They're so much fun.)

I'm working on more Sim adventures. :eyepopping:

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Just got caught up on them! Fascinating as always.

What's new with me is I'm sick. My stories will have to be on hold until I'm a little more coherent.

Doesn't mean I can't sim, though ...

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sorry to hear you're sick. :( Take care of yourself. I'm pretty sure that simming is good medicine. :) So is hot tea and a warm bed.

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

hunker down and get well :ill: SBW :)

6. surprised_by_witches

Thanks, guys. I'm at work today but probably won't stay long. I went to the Dr. yesterday and they confirmed that yes, I am sick. :p

Right now the Tylenol is working but pretty soon I'm gonna want to lie down again.

Witch Baby's ninth birthday is tomorrow. Hope I'm not too sick to enjoy it! :(

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Sorry to hear that you're sick SBW. Get well soon and try not to do too much. Rest if ya can. :)

8. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I hope you feel better!

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Happy Birthday, WitchBaby!! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

10. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Wasn't this the Sleepover Birthday Party? Man, I hope you're feeling better before a bunch of nine-year-olds descend on you! Try to get some rest and plenty of Vitamin C!

Oh - And Happy Birthday to Witch Baby too!

11. surprised_by_witches

Witch Baby says "Thanks for the birthday card!"

It put a big smile on her face.

And yes, it's a sleepover. :eek:

12. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Happy birthday to Witch Baby. :)

Enjoy the sleepover lol, sounds great for a birthday treat!

13. person123

Happy Birthday Witch Baby! :D Only four years younger than me...

14. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Happy Birthday Witch Baby! Hope you have a fun day!

15. person123

Teehee, I have a new avatar! I just love Iolanthe's face.

16. surprised_by_witches

Nice avatar, 123. I love it when they do that for their thumbnail picture.

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hope you're feeling better SBW. I hope Witch Baby had a good time at her party. And you, too. A much belated Happy Birthday to Witch Baby, by the way. :eek:

Just caught up on the Veronaville story. Oooeee! Just in time for Halloween, too. Creepy!

Hey, 123, it is a cool avatar. Reminds me of that painting, "The Scream." (E. Munch?)

18. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

What's new with me is that I started a new job today after a 2 year break. It's a temporary teaching assistant post in a primary school, and it's been a good day - the staff are really friendly, relaxed and laid back (very different from my last job in a school). The headteacher is really really nice - straight to the point, open, on the pulse and has a great sense of humour. Again, very different from my last job. After the horrible experience I had with redundancy I gave up on education altogether for a while, but I can now see that different schools really can be less stressful, and who knows, I might decide to try teaching again - I have 10 years of Early Years experience to draw on and I know I was a good teacher.

Well, today I have remembered many things about working with 4 and 5 year olds lol. For my first day today, this is some of what I saw/experienced:

* Child picking his nose and eating it

* Child poking her ear and eating it

* Child sneezed on her jumper sleeve and then licked/ate it WHILE AT THE LUNCH TABLE

* Child eating mud from the hall floor during assembly

* Child howling and screaming because another took a toy train from him (though he had 8 of the 10 trains)

* School cook was also the cook in my last job

* Lunchtime helper remembered me as I had taught her son in my very first class 11 years ago at the other school, AND her daughter (who was a junior kid when I started teaching) now has a child in the class which I am working in

* Reading/homework bags contained an assortment of things that I would rather not see when I put my hand in them :p

* Child asked me what my name was about 20 times during the day

During the day I will be working with children from both reception classes, so I have to learn 60 names LOL. I already have some fixed firmly in my mind hahaha.

19. surprised_by_witches

Good luck in your new job, and eeeew. Kids are sure gross sometimes. I saw a toddler at a restaurant stick his straw up his nose repeatedly and then drink from it. Blech.

I'm feeling much better. Fever's gone, anyway. I hope to be completely well by the weekend.

Witch Baby has a new hamster to replace the dear departed Hannah. Her name is Hermione. She's adorable. Still a baby and extremely active, unlike Firebolt and Nimbus, the guinea pigs, whose favorite speed is idle (unless you want to catch them!!). Along with the fish and of course our dog we're collecting quite a zoo.

And guess who gets to clean the cages? :rolleyes: (It's OK, I knew what I was signing up for. I'm getting to be quite a pro. Maybe I should get a job at the zoo ...)

20. person123

Ahh, the joys of teaching. I hope you have fun! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.