So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That's always been my theory! Why else would you invite people over!

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

What's new with me is I joined Weight Watchers last week. Anyone else here on the program? I tried getting support on their community forum, but everyone is so judgmental. I mentioned I let my kid eat what she wants, and they all jumped down my throat. Like it's their business. I mentioned that I can cook but don't like it and everyone said, well if you just learned to cook ... no one listens anymore. I CAN, I just don't LIKE to. Argh.

As a result I don't feel comfortable sharing with them, so I thought I'd check over here. You guys know me already. :eek:

Anyone want to start a thread about "lifestyle changes?"

I'm frustrated with their site. I lost a pound and tried to track it and the site thought I'd already entered my weight for the week, which I hadn't.

I guess I'll have to count it to next week's total.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I sympathize with the not wanting to cook, although I've done it for years. Maybe that's why I don't like to be bothered. I'd rather open a can of soup for supper, as I did when I lived alone.

I've had a lot more trouble with my weight since I got married again (almost four years ago.) My husband is so thin that some people think he's anorexic, which he's not. He's diabetic and his body burns fat instead of sugar for energy because sugar needs insulin to be converted to energy (or somthing like that. I'm no chemist.)

Anyway, I'm always trying to stuff him with food--big breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Naturally, I join him. :rolleyes:

How does the Weight Watcher's site work? Besides the unhelpful forum?

4. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I say, It's your desicion what you let your kid eat, and what you eat.
    American's are over-obsessed on other people's weight
    I mean there's basically every week on one news station or another a story they call a "headline" about American obesity... ok i'm rambling now.
    Hmm... lifetime changes would be an interesting thread to read, i think i would enjoy it. :D
    I think Weight Watchers and groups as such... they were hired to critisize others weight. And maybe even give you a not so helpful hint along the way, "Oh yeah, man, you gotta lose some weight," after 7 weeks into the program.:sob:

5. surprised_by_witches

Well, it's online, so at least I'm spared that. For all they know I'm a reporter doing an undercover story ... I'm not, but I could be.

There's a point tracker and a lot of helpful hints and recipes, Lynet. I like the point tracker because it figures out my diet for me. Makes it harder to cheat and I don't have to spend every waking hour thinking about it ... I'm sure a lot of people are nice there, some nice ones answered my thread, but the majority, whoo wee.

Maybe I'm sensitive because I know Witch Baby should probably eat better than she does, but we're working on it, and again, it's no one else's business. I didn't ask for their opinion on that, all I said was, I often eat kid food leftovers, which isn't exactly healthy for me.

Sheesh.

Thanks, guys. I knew I could count on you.

We tried to start a fitness club thread, once. Maybe I'll try a new one.

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I wonder why they're so unfriendly. I thought the intent was mutual support. Doesn't sound supportive to me. I'll have to go take a look at the site, though.

7. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I like the fact that theyre not watching you every step of the way,
    HA! I'm eating Cheetos and you can't do anything about it!
    But, yes, that would be cheating
    But as you know diet is only die with a t.

8. surprised_by_witches

Well, they weren't so much unfriendly as a bunch of bossy know it alls. Not my favorite button to push. :rolleyes:

I may have been a tad touchy.

Your results may vary.

I like you guys better, though.

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Can you stand it? Another baby picture. I sent this to SBW, then realized that I could now post to the gallery and share it with everyone else, too. So here's the link to the gallery:

http://forums.worldsims.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=1785&c=33

Hard to believe we all looked like that once upon a time. :rolleyes:

I thought the hat was a nice touch.

10. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Oh look at those eyes!!! She's adorable Lynet! Give her lots of smooches all over those chubby cheeks the next time you see her!

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I could post a copy a receipe I get from a great newsletter I get each week. Of course, the meal requires some prep time, but the dishes are simply mouth-watering :)

12. surprised_by_witches

Are they health conscious and easy to make? Just wondering. I'm sure others will like them no matter what, but I am trying so very hard to be good. :eek:

13. ManagerJosh

Easy to make - yes
    health conscious....umm..... subject to debate.

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Ummm, well? Can we have a sample, Josh? Pretty please.

15. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

AHHHH!!!!!!! GUESS WHAT?!?!

So remember when I was talking about the bone marrow donation place? Well they just called me today to offer me a position!!!!!!!!! I realize I just started a new job but the benefits and the fact that it's a great career move is just too much for me to pass up!

Sorry SBW, but I'll be leaving our company; Friday will be my last day.

okay...whew...calm down....details!

They decided that they wanted to hire two more new hires and they came to me right away. I will have my own caseload of possible donation matches for bone marrow transplants. I'll be contacting the possible donors and explaining the different ways they can donate and helping to kind of counsel them through a decision; even if they decide they can't donate. Pay is almost $2.00 more an hour than I'm making now, and included in the benefits is a pension plan!!! *dances around* It's also only a 7 minute drive from my house and it's NOT DOWNTOWN!!!

Oh goodness I'm excited! I gave my notice after I found out and my supervisor while disappointed to be loosing me agreed that it was something I couldn't pass up. So freaking excited!!! :D :D :D

16. ManagerJosh

Weeknight Kitchen: Pacific Rim Chicken Salad with Low-Fat Sweet & Sour Sesame Dressin

Sure :).

Courtesy of SplendidTable.org :)

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Josh, that looks positively YUMMY. Thank you. I will look at it more carefully tomorrow (it's midnight and my eyes are killing me,) and then see if I can do it this weekend (after a little grocery shopping.) :D

Shana, Congratulations!

18. ManagerJosh

Hey what can I say? :D I know some good places for receipes, and Splendidtable has been by far my favorite :D.

O yes, great wine suggestions too I listened to this week. I need to make a memo of these choices...

19. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Wow congratulations Shana!!! I'm excited for ya too! :D What a difference that 7 minute travel time will make, and with better salary and pension too it sounds great! The work sounds really interesting too. I'm really happy for ya!

Josh, do ya have any yummy vegetarian recipes? :p btw i do eat eggs (occasionally) but no fish/seafood.

20. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

CONGRATULATIONS SHANA! :bigthumbsup: I'm so glad things worked out for you!! I guess this calls for another Celebration Meeting of the TC Simmers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.