So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Weeknight Kitchen: Spaghetti Aglio-Olio

Another Weeknight Kitchen :)

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Now I'm drooling, Josh. And I'm out of paper for printing. But I'll get some (at work tomorrow :D ) Actually, maybe I'll leave extra copies on the lunch table at work.

3. ManagerJosh

Heh...we might need to start a fine dining club at WorldSims :D

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Oh I was thinking we need one of those traveling meals... you know, appetizers in Hong Kong, Salmon in Seattle, Coffee in Minnesota nightcap in london??? what do you all think, is it doable?

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

How does that work, Michelle? Those are sure places I'd like to visit. :confused:

And Josh, my eye keeps going right for that gingerbread recipe. :eek:

6. ManagerJosh

Hmm..

I hate to think what would happen if I found that Brownie receipe....

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Death by chocolate... :faint:

;)

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I once had a dessert called Death by Chocolate - But it only made me stronger...:weightlifter:

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I dragged my husband out to a movie yesterday because I wanted to see Pan's Labyrinth. I had read one review which had nothing but praise for the story, and the quality of the special effects.

Turns out to be in Spanish, with subtitles, which is OK with me. It's also R rated and horrifically violent. I'm not used to that. I always avoid movies about war and the slice&dice horror genre. I had to close my eyes and turn my head more than once. Wish I'd thought to plug my ears as well because even if you couldn't see it you could hear it. If you see lots of violent movies then maybe this one wouldn't bother you much at all. I'm not able to rate it on that kind of scale.

In case anyone is thinking about seeing it, it is extremely well done, but it is also difficult to watch if you are sensitive to gory violence in any way. It's definitely a statement against war and the horrible things people do to each other because of it. I wish those kinds of things didn't happen in real life, but I'm afraid they do. Maybe that's exactly the reason I found it so difficult to watch. I couldn't help but think of Iraq.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd warn y'all. I just got one of those 'phishing' things pretending to be from Paypal. I've been getting them regularly from 'banks.'

They're really getting to be pests.

11. ManagerJosh

Imagine how many I get a day :-X.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I would guess, Josh, that you are long experienced with ignoring these types of emails.

I'd never seen the PayPal one before, and it surprised me. The grammar and the spelling give it away as a fraud.

I was a little concerned because a lot of sites use PayPal and a lot more people might have accounts there than at the individual banks that are the usual victims of this type of thing.

It would be so easy for some innocent to get drawn in to giving up critical personal information.

13. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I've recently received two from a fake "paypal" site that looked completely authentic. But it was saying that my security had been compromised and I was supposed to verify my account to let them know it was in good standing. I got smart and emailed spoof@paypal.com They confirmed that it was in fact a website that was attempting to imitate them. They are of course now trying to shut that site down but I'm sure many fraudulent sites like this one pop up all the time.

14. ManagerJosh

Weeknight Kitchen: Lynnes Spicy Sweet-Tart Hoisin Chicken

Here's a couple more dishes to add to your cookbooks... :D

15. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Well I babysat tonight for the two cutest girls. They are my cousin and her fiances daughters. 2 and a half and 8 months old. I think I've had my years quota of Barney and Dora! HA! Anyway...when my cousin and her fiance got home I was able to ask them if their oldest would be our flower girl next January and they said yes without hesitating! I called Brandon (who's on patrol tonight) and he's thrilled! I'm so excited. She's a cute little thing...bright blonde hair and so smart! The little one is even more of a love and is completely head over heels in love with Brandon but she'll be a bit too young still.

And because they are so cute; here's our flower girl and her little sister!

Attached Files:

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

They are adorable, Shana. Your flower girl is going to steal the show.

Thank you, Josh. I am printing out your recipes and passing them around. I've been rather neglecting my grocery shopping lately (we ordered Pizza delivered last night) because I've been experimenting with all kinds of things in the game, chasing the elusive mail carrier, Dagmar, all over the simmy map. :eek:

I only wish such intense game playing used up calories, but I guess the exercise is all mental, and not physical.

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The weather here is cold and dreary. There's snow coming down at the moment but the forecast is that it will turn to freezing rain and slush. :( It will be at its worst on the drive home from work.

At home, this is my desktop picture: http://forums.worldsims.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=1803&c=33

Bright pink Azalea bush :D

At work, of course, it's a picture of Jasmine. ;)

18. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

just found out I'm going to be a gramma!:D :D :D

19. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Congratulations!!! That's great! I'm so happy for you. :)

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Congratulations, Michelle. That's wonderful! I hope you'll be living closer to yours than I am to mine. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.