So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

What exciting news, Michelle! Congrats!!!

And Shana, what an adorable flowergirl you will have! I took a look at your Weeding Plans site, and it looks like things are progessing nicely. LOVE the branch centerpieces you are planning. How appropriate for a Winter Wedding!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Weeknight Kitchen: Lynnes Winter Tomato Soup and Salad of Hearty Greens and Nuts

Another Weeknight Kitchen. Think I'm going to try the salad tonight :)

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Congrats Michelle! How wonderfully exciting! You get to join Lynet with boasting privledges!

Thanks for the compliment on the flower girl! I think she's adorable!

And lol...weeding plans...I'm not a gardener! ;) But the wedding plans are going GREAT!

And Josh...I think you need to start your own thread with the recipes! What ever happened to that recipe thread we had going back a while ago...maybe we should revive that and move your recipes to that thread. Other people who don't check the "what's new" thread probably are missing all these great eats!

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Recipe thread? Have I forgotten something I should remember?

5. jupitershana

6. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

I got into the Advanced Music Academy of New Zealand.

yay:D

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

wow! how cool is that?!

8. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

and, wow! what is that!?! But congrats.

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Congratulations, Mr. Music. Did you have audition in front of judges to be accepted? Do you sing or play an instrument, or both? Or compose music?

10. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

I played the Drums. And yeah in front of 5 very moody judges :p..actually..my whole band got in :D

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Outstanding! When you guys go on tour, let us know. :D

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

What's new? I got my cable connection back after a six month outage. Surely life can't get any better than this .... :rolleyes:

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

YAY!!! We have missed your extraordinary command of the English language and your rapier wit! Welcome back!

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I second wot Sacha said. ;)

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Me too, ducky! Welcome back.

16. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

*Gasp* It can't be! Mirelly is back?

Well, I'm semi-back too. I'll be more back after March 10th, the dreaded date of my SAT testing. But from now on I'm going to try to post more often. The "Hello person123 it appears that you have no posted on our forums in several weeks..." banner is getting quite bothersome.

What's new with me? This week I have vacation, and it really sucks that I can't waste five hours playing sims anymore without feeling guilty. The two essays due next week are calling my name, as well as our giant SAT study guide, and my French dialogue, and...*cries*

I think I'm going crazy. I reread Ella Enchanted last night...the whole book...in two and a half hours. What's worse is that I started it at 12:30, so I didn't go to sleep until 3. Yes, I am definitely crazy.

Edit: ...Why did you call Mirelly 'ducky', SBW? :eyepopping:

17. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

My science fair project is begging me to start it.
    We have to do this "research project" also to go hand in hand with the Sci. Fair Project. Finished that, Sci Fair Project...mmm not so much.
    On top of that i get to write a large essay for my Advanced Class on whatever we want :D In which I chose to research Jonestown.

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Calling someone Ducky in England is kind of like calling someone Dear in America. SBW might have said, "Me too, Dear! Welcome back."

19. jupitershana

Oy...I regularly do this on a regular basis! I'm a terrible night owl and tend to not go to bed until 11 or later on a normal basis. Sometimes I then get the great idea to read before bed. "only a couple of chapters, then I'll go to bed." HA! I don't think that's ever happened! I get reading and can't put the book down.

I just read The DaVinci Code in two evenings, and the first evening I was interrupted by a phone call after an hour of reading from Brandon at 1:30 am (his first break). I went to bed after that. Starting reading the next night at 12 and was up till almost 3:30 and I finished the book.

20. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Weeknight Kitchen: Thick-Cut Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Hoisin-Sesame Sauce

Late with this one yes of course. But also, I'm not too terribly excited about this receipe. When you've had authentic chinese food, this sounds horrible.

To each his (or her) own tastes I suppose :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.