So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I did some of the packing that I should have started 2 weeks ago for a Choir trip to New York, and I leave Thursday. Isn't procrastination great?

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This is wonderful. And I also wish that the people in the middle east would try to do the same.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

;) :D kaerb a sdeen hsoJ

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I must be old and crabby. That's what's new. I'm annoyed at the moment because this sort of thing never happens to me :rolleyes:

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

OMG! Now I'm never gonna fight this chocolate craving that's been killing me all week! :eek: I haven't eaten chocolate for 3 years, 2 months and 1 week, but have been desperate for some this week especially.

Those kids must have thought they were in heaven, but why do they do these things in London? Does the world revolve around London? Are there not any other places that, omg, people reside in, in the UK? :p

Mirelly - have ya ever been to CadburyWorld in Birmingham? I went there a few years ago and they hand out so much chocolate on the way around the tour that by the end of it you will be positively sick of it LOL. Still, it was nice at the time - tasting the liquid chocolate was my fave part. *droolies* :drool: :stirthepot:

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Haven't been to Cadbury World but I've been to Cadbury's a fair few times in connection with work. I swear that after a few hours you can suck your clothes and get a chocolate fix.

3+ years sans chocolat? Wossup widdya? Even diabetics and Mormons can get a fix of cocoa solids. Are you a member of some kinda masochistic sect? :eek:

When I go to Merry Hill I have this thing about "not" being allowed to enter Hotel Chocolat ... I always go in anyway ... and always come out a few pounds lighter ;) (I couldn't resist that dig at our American friends who leave stores dollars lighter ... at least we can shed pounds while shopping and then not feel so guilty about putting on the pounds at home ... ;) Just call me Mrs. Einstein :p )

9. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hehehe, yep the chocolate aroma was so strong at CadburyWorld but the employees said that after working there as long as they have, they didn't notice it anymore.

I am a recovering chocoholic. :eek: I realised that moderating my intake wasn't working because I had no willpower, so I decided it was all or nothing, and I chose nothing. :p :) Had a bad addiction and at one point my tummy troubles meant I couldn't drink water without exruciating pain, and it took 4 doctors to hold me down while they forced a tummy camera down my throat. Then they told me the chocolate was to blame. Heh, I haven't lost any weight or anything since giving it up, but their threat of another scope torture is more than enough to stop me eating it again. :p It's just hard this year for some reason - those Easter eggs are calling my name! Cadbury's Buttons eggs were my favourite, and I used to eat Twirls by the multipack. Also, it didn't help having a dream earlier this week where I tasted chocolate all over my tongue and I woke up practically crawling up the wall for some. :p

Eeesh, ya did ask. LOL!

And LOL at the Einstein. ;)

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Wow, Hugz! Poor you. I never really thought of choccy as being quite that dangerous. I'm weak with the stuff. I see it I have to eat it. But quite often just thinking about it produces little or no response ... but if I see it, I gotta smell it and and after that :(. Going down the Linden Road, past the Bournville plant is <ahem> difficult ... but then I also once live in Slough and had to cope with the Mars factory. I've had a difficult life :rolleyes:

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oh, how I miss Cadbury Flakes! Especially when stuck into an Ice Cream! We have nothing similar here in the States.

Other taste treats I miss from England: Elderflower Cordial, Cheez Wotsits, and my personal favorite, Prawn-flavored Savor Snacks from Tesco's!

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh don't deny yourself, Sacha. Amazon to the rescue http://www.amazon.com/Cadbury-Flake-Bar-Case-24/dp/B000E73MW2 :D

I love those prawn flavoured snacks as well.

13. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Heh, or have a British buddy send ya some in the mail, or even better, have them pack it in their suitcase when they make a trip to the USA. :p

When we went over to NH to meet another sims buddy, we took a whole (giant) suitcase full of chocolate. If Customs ever caught me for taking that much, my excuse was gonna be that I was there for a month (true) and I'm a chocoholic (bending the truth there :p ). Heh, luckily we didn't get caught. So Danni got a ton of chocolate that lasted her a long long time, and Frannie got a tin of Roses chocs (if my memory serves me correctly).

And we got an empty suitcase to fill with Twinkies for the return trip. :D

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

What's SBW up to? Isn't she back from vacation yet? :rolleyes: Or is it next Tuesday I'm thinking of. :eek:

15. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

What's new with me is that me and my fiance have decided to set a date to be married. It's gonna be this year, hopefully September, but we're waiting at the moment for the vicar to return our call so we can see when the church is available. It's kind of a short notice wedding - probably only a few months to plan it all - it's gonna be a fairly quiet wedding, not too many people but closest family and friends will be invited of course. :)

Now, I'm all buzzing and my parents are literally dancing with excitement!

Shana, I'm looking forward to sharing wedding chatter over the coming months. ;)

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Congratulations, Hugz! Spontaneous is always exciting. :D

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Whoohoo!!! Very exciting hugz! Let us know when you have the date, and you also know where to find me on yahoo IM!

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Big congrats from me too, Hugz. :D

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

20. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Oh My! responding to the piano story.

It must be something in the water... refering to the weddings. (watch out Josh!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.