Troubleshooting Official: How Do I Get a Replacement Serial Number from EA?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by suitemichelle, Jun 17, 2006.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Official: How Do I Get a Replacement Serial Number from EA?

Question [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]How do I get a replacement serial number?[/FONT]
    [​IMG] Answer [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Misprinted or Invalid Serial Replacement:
    If you meet one of the following criteria, and you are within the 90 day warranty period, you can send a request to Electronic Arts for a replacement serial number.
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The serial number is illegible or missing characters.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The serial number is not printed on the lower left portion on the back of the jewel case, inside the jewel case, or on the back of the manual.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]A Technical Support Representative deems the serial number provided with the game as invalid.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]When sending a request for a replacement serial number, please include the following:[/FONT]
    • The original insert from the back of the jewel case displaying the invalid or misprinted number, or the manual displaying the invalid or misprinted number.
    • Explanation of the situation
    • First and Last Name
    • Return Address
    • Email Address
    • Phone Number
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mailing Address:
    Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
    209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Lost or Missing Serial Replacement:
    If you meet one of the following criteria, you can send a request along with a nominal fee to Electronic Arts for a replacement serial number.
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The product is 90 days past the purchase date[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The original serial number has been discarded or lost[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]When sending a request for a replacement serial number, please include the following:[/FONT]
    • A money order for $10.00 USD (per serial number requested) made payable to Electronic Arts.
    • The proof of purchase page from your manual (If you no longer have the manual, include one of the game disks as verification of ownership.
      • Note: If sending a disk as verification, please send it using a traceable method as Electronic Arts is not responsible for products not in its possession.
        Explanation of the situation
    • First and Last Name
    • Return Address
    • E-mail Address
    • Phone Number
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mailing Address:
    Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
    209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    [/FONT]

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Added to the FAQ's. Thanks Michelle. :D

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just to add as a followup, we will not provide serial numbers for those who lost it. You will need to go through the above procedures to get a new serial number.

4. neelix

neelix New Member

If you lost your serial after registering, go to http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/ . Log in the upperleft part of the screen using you thesims2 login. Then click on "my account". you'll the have to login again. In the upperright click on "my games" and you will see your serialnumbers...

Neelix

5. ManagerJosh

That only works if you registered your game with EA UK.

6. neelix

neelix New Member

It's more likely that is works when registered in Europe, As I'm Dutch. None the less if you're from europe it is worth a shot.

7. ManagerJosh

That's the assumption one registers their game. Majority of the time people don't register it.

8. disneylandobsessor

disneylandobsessor New Member

sooo....

thats the only way to get a new code? b/c that sucks since i lost my nightlife code which is like the MOST IMPORTANT ONE!!!

does anyone know how long the process takes?

9. ManagerJosh

I think it depends mainly on how many requests they are handling at that particular time.

10. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

If you've registered your copies and you lost the codes you can download this and it will let you know what they were: http://grusha.me.uk/otherworldbob/sims2/S2KP.htm
    (Sims2 Key Printer)

I just moved recently and lost one of my booklets with the code on it so I thought I'd share this info.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL That looks like a cool l'il utility but I suppose that it only works if the game is still installed on the computer because I imagine that it reads the registartion number out of the Windows Registry.

12. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

No I'd had trouble with my game and had to uninstall it all thats why I needed my codes again, so you dont need it installed to get them.

13. lvlysenbei

lvlysenbei New Member

Getting your code back if you've registered

So, you CAN get your code back if you registered on the US EA website. Here's the official response I got, and I've confirmed that it works by pulling up my own codes:

You can retrieve your registration code for the games that you registered earlier by following the given below steps:

1. Go to www.ea.com, and choose your country if required.
    2. Click the login button located at the top right of the page. If you are already logged in you may skip this step.
    3. Login with your EA.com name and password.
    4. Click on your screen name located where the login button was, and choose My Account from the drop down menu.
    5. Re-enter you password to verify account ownership.
    6.Click on My Games to view the registration details of your registered games.

:)

NOTE: This will not work if you use Safari - if you're on a Mac, you must visit the website using Firefox or IE.

14. nyfarida93

nyfarida93 New Member

help me with code for installing sims 2 nightlife

:D:eek:Please help me
    i only need the second to last letter's for my code to installe my sim's night life.
    i lost the booklet but i had worte a copy of it down.
    my copy got smudged and i can't read the second to last group of letter's. I don't think it's illegal because i have the code but i can't read it.

[edited to improve legibility]

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh for godssakes. We don't give out numbers whatever excuse you have.

Go and slap yourself for being silly, because it is obvious you have totally ignored all the advice here and think you can whine your way into making someone give you a new number.

It ain't gonna happen, bozo! Look after your stuff and don't let the dog/baby brother play with it again.

PS Printed matter never smudges into illegibility without the serious application of some quite hazardous solvents. Wossup widya! :eek:

16. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

Similar problem but...!

Hi all

Sorry if this particular problem has come up before, but don't worry I'm not looking for a new serial number or anything.

I've been wanting to register my game for some time but when I did, for some bizarro reason it said that the registration code (serial number yes?) has already been used. Er....meaning I can never register! Agh...I do not believe I have registered the product before, and if so it can only be under one other email which is not on the EA database as being a member so I am really, really confused...:confused:

17. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

This is not uncommon. What happened is that someone illegally used that registration code. You need to contact EA Customer support about getting a code you can actually use.

18. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

And another option when you have trouble registering you product during installation try: www.eagamereg.com