Troubleshooting Expansion Pack Installation Problem

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sinith, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Sinith

Sinith New Member

Expansion Pack Installation Problem

I have gotten the Sims 2 to install successfully, but whenever I try to install a Expansion Pack it tells me that i need to ensure that my existing installation is up to date, and that I need to insert Sims 2 Disc 4. I have already installed all of my expansion packs before, but I had uninstalled them when I wasn't playing it much and now I can't get the expansion packs to install.

I put in Sims 2 Disc 4 in the CD drive, and after I press the OK button it says that "The Update Process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate." Like I have said I have already had it installed onto my computer at one point but it won't install now. I am really hoping someone can help me, because I just got Open for Business and am wanting to get installed with the rest of my expansion packs.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've seen that happen when some files had been left behind from an uninstall which interfered with it. I've also heard of it happening if people have had things like Daemon tools or other software emulation programs installed on their computer. (The EA games have built in things to detect the software emulation programs and disable the ability to install the games that might be emulated so that a CD/DVD wasn't necessary to be in the computer.)

3. mish5000

mish5000 New Member

the exact same thing is happening to me, but i dont understand what it is im supposed to do to fix it?
    i have deleted any files llinked to the sims2 expansion packs..but its still not installing. i dont know what the daemon tools are, but i have looked for them on my computer and it doesnt say i have any???
    what am i meant to do?

4. mish5000

mish5000 New Member

please help me somebody
    :confused:

5. Aki

Aki New Member

Have you tried downloading the patches for the game? It might help. You could find the patches here in case you haven't downloaded them yet: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

6. Finny Holliday

Finny Holliday New Member

I've already tried that and I still get that message every time I try to install an expansion pack. I've installed the base game patch multiple times and it just doesn't work.