Cheats Galore!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by danom8, Oct 24, 2006.

1. danom8

danom8 New Member

Cheats Galore!

Here is a list of some of the best cheats for the Sims 2 and it's Expansion Packs*

Step 1). Press Ctrl, Shift, C at the same time
    Step 2). The cheat entry screen will appear at the top of the screen
    Step 3). Type one of the cheats below and press ENTER/RETURN

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true = this is probably the most powerful cheats in the whole game, it enables the player to take complete control of the game. It should be entered at the neighbourhood selection screen to gain full functionality. When it has been entered it will activite some of the cheats below.

Motherlode = Gives your current family an extra $50,000 to their funds

kaching = Gives your current family an extra $5,000 to their funds

maxMotives = maximizes the motives for every sim on that lot

move_objects on = makes all of the objects and sims on that lot placeable anywhere, type move_objects off to reverse this!

familyFunds family name $--,--- = gives any family in that neighbourhood any ammount of simoleons (great for families who cannot afford certain lots)

The Shift key = The shift key becomes very useful after you have entered boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. If you hold it and click on any Sim you will have a vast ammount of options including Set Aspiration, Make Me Happy and Plan Outfit*.
    It also has added functionality when you hold it and click on certain objects, the mailbox is very useful. When you click on this whilst holding Shift you have many options including, Make All Happy which maximizes the motives for all the sims on that lot. After doing this you can hold Shift and click on the mailbox again and click Make Motives Static which disabled motives from decreasing (very useful).

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true = allows you to place furniture and other objects at an angle, after entering this cheat grab a piece of furniture but instead of using the mouse to rotate it, use the < and > (Comma and Fullstop) keys to rotate the furniture, you will now be able to move objects to 45 degree angles in any direction.

I hope this cheat thread helped and gave people cheats they have never heard of before, they are all very useful for me!

If you want to request any other, I will do some research and see what I can come up with,

Thanks for reading,
    Danom8.

2. danom8

danom8 New Member

Cheats Galore!

Here is a list of some of the best cheats for the Sims 2 and it's Expansion Packs*

Step 1). Press Ctrl, Shift, C at the same time
    Step 2). The cheat entry screen will appear at the top of the screen
    Step 3). Type one of the cheats below and press ENTER/RETURN

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true = this is probably the most powerful cheats in the whole game, it enables the player to take complete control of the game. It should be entered at the neighbourhood selection screen to gain full functionality. When it has been entered it will activite some of the cheats below.

Motherlode = Gives your current family an extra $50,000 to their funds

kaching = Gives your current family an extra $5,000 to their funds

maxMotives = maximizes the motives for every sim on that lot

move_objects on = makes all of the objects and sims on that lot placeable anywhere, type move_objects off to reverse this!

familyFunds family name $--,--- = gives any family in that neighbourhood any ammount of simoleons (great for families who cannot afford certain lots)

The Shift key = The shift key becomes very useful after you have entered boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. If you hold it and click on any Sim you will have a vast ammount of options including Set Aspiration, Make Me Happy and Plan Outfit*.
    It also has added functionality when you hold it and click on certain objects, the mailbox is very useful. When you click on this whilst holding Shift you have many options including, Make All Happy which maximizes the motives for all the sims on that lot. After doing this you can hold Shift and click on the mailbox again and click Make Motives Static which disabled motives from decreasing (very useful).

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true = allows you to place furniture and other objects at an angle, after entering this cheat grab a piece of furniture but instead of using the mouse to rotate it, use the < and > (Comma and Fullstop) keys to rotate the furniture, you will now be able to move objects to 45 degree angles in any direction.

I hope this cheat thread helped and gave people cheats they have never heard of before, they are all very useful for me!

If you want to request any other, I will do some research and see what I can come up with,

Thanks for reading,
    Danom8.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'd recommend NOT using this one for various reasons, mainly that it can give you some problems with your game.

You don't need the boolprop cheat for these. They're available just by doing the Ctrl-shift-c and typing them in while you're in your family lot.

I'd suggest Merola's Multipainting instead of the boolprop testingcheatsenabled. It's a great deal safer for your game and does most of the stuff you can do with the boolprop.

(Also, you accidently posted twice. Give the site a few minutes to load your thread before hitting the submit reply button a second time.)

:)

And Snooty Sims gives a nice summary of the cheats, with explanations.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Please also avoid creating multiple threads on the same subject as well :)

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Umm...kaching only gives you $1,000, not $5,000.

6. danom8

danom8 New Member

Kaching

I'm sorry, you're right kaching does only give you, $1000 not $5000
    My appologies

Also, I didn't know boolprop can damage your game thanks for the advice! :eek:

7. _punk_rocker_

_punk_rocker_ New Member

Um the maxMotives cheat didn't work for me .......... Do you have any ideas why not?

8. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Not the right expansion pack? Didn't enter it right? Those are a few reasons.

9. joeySimzee

joeySimzee Hysterical Kangaroo

If I'm not wrong maxMotives only works with Nightlife. But if you have Nightlife and it still doesn't work, make sure the cheat is entered in correctly. It's case sensitive :)

10. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Or get Merola's MultiPainting - it's a whole lot easier...NO Spelling!:D

11. _punk_rocker_

_punk_rocker_ New Member