How Do I Sneaking Out

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jazz, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Sneaking Out

Can someone give me the steps to have your teenager sneak out? One of my teen sims needs is to sneak out with Justin but im not sure how. Do you have to have a sleep ove with that person then sneak out? What are you supposed to do when ur out?
    Thanx

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

You have to wait until it's late, something like 11 or 12, and then you click on the phone. The option to "sneak out" is there, so you click on it and choose who you want to sneak out with. At 1 AM, the person comes, driving a car, and your teen automatically gets into the car and you drive away. A few hours later the car will come back and your teen tiptoes out of the car. If the teen's parent is still awake and in the family room or something, he/she will catch the teen and start lecturing him.

When you sneak out, you don't leave the lot with the teen. Also, if your teen is caught by the police (I think of the chances are completely random) yor teen will return in the police car in handcuffs, and the policeman/woman will lead the teen back into the house and inform the parents.

3. Zman1764

Zman1764 New Member

it happened to me the second time my teen snuck out. funny thing is that the parents didnt do anything but listen to the cop. tho it does bring the teens aspirations down usually (it is almost always a fear once theyve snuck out already)

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

My teens have only been lectured twice, busted a bit more than that, but the cop never really talks to them directly, just says something like, "parents these days" and leaves.

It would be cool if they actually had a conversation, but oh well.

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

yeah, let's throw grounding into the possibilities. The kid could lose their job and be scarred for life because they were grounded for 3 days...

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Michelle. Sounds like you've had some grounding experience.

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

lol......... I was a 'good' girl til I got into junior college.... never been grounded. My daughter was a whole different story.

8. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

sneaking out vs. going out

my teen wanted permission to go out so she got it but then i didnt know where she wanted to go to....does anybody know?
    thanks!

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

You don't actually choose where she goes. She gets permission to go out from her parent first then send her to the phone where she has the option "go out with..." instead of "sneak out with..." She won't get in trouble with either the parents or the cops when she asks permission first. The person she is going out with will still show up at 1am just like the sneak out interaction.

10. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

ohh ok thanks. i've had a few teens and they've never wanted to go out or sneak out. i tried to get them to sneak out but i cant...i had my teen go downtown but then she didnt get back in time for school that kinda sucked

11. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm confused by that statement as to how she could have missed school. Time freezes on your lot when your sims go downtown. In otherwords, if your sim left the house at 5:23pm on Monday evening, then she will return at 5:23pm on Monday evening even if she stays downtown till 5 in the morning. She'll be tired, but time is the same on the lot.

12. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

well i had her go downtown pretty late and then i had her come back in what was supposed to be enough time for her to take a shower and stuff and get on the bus but its like the taxi didnt show up or something and time was passing while i waited and then the bus showed up and the other kids got on before she could get out of the cab....and the bus left. i dont know what happened...