brandi broke pregnancy

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by krazzy kezzy, Dec 23, 2006.

1. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

brandi broke pregnancy

sorry if this is in the wrong place i didnt know where to put it but im a bit confused because at the start of the game brandi broke is pregnant, but it seems mysterious who by because on her memories the last baby she had was beau and her husband skip died before he was born so she must have been pregnant when skip died. and there are no memories of woohooing with anyone but skip so how did she get pregnant?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hmmm ... I don't know. I haven't played her yet, but now I will. I've been goofing around with Pleasantview while I'm waiting for my new chip.

Once she has the baby and it's a toddler check its family tree to see who Daddy is. I'm going to ...

3. Ace

Ace New Member

I had a problem with Brandi Broke and pregnancy also. I had a character in the game who dated her for a long time. I had no intention of getting her pregnant. The character she was dating was a romance sim and was doing the woohoo with about 20 other women in town. My hand slipped one day when I went to click on the woohoo option and I accidentally hit the try for baby option instead. Sure enough she got pregnant. When the baby was born, the family tree showed that her long dead husband was the father of the baby though instead of my romance sim. The child looked exactly like the real father so it had to be a glitch in the game. Not to mention by that point it would have been physically impossible for the long dead husband to be the father. Of the two other children she had with her dead husband, one was an adult already and the other a teenager. The romance sim seemed to know it was his child though even though the family tree showed different. I left him on his own and just sat back and watched when he would come to visit to see what he would do. He would feed the child on his own, play with it and sit by his bed and watch him sleep when he came to visit. He never payed any attention to any other child in the game but the one he fathered. When Brandi died in the game I had him adopt his own son.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Actually, when you start the game Brandi's already pregnant with her dead husband's kid. I had her eat cheesecake, so she had twins, both boys. Identical, with different personalities. I named them Kyle and Kevin. (I know, original ...)

So the kid you thought was your sim's kid was actually her dead husband's, which is why the game showed it as such. They set her up that way so you can see what a pregnancy is like, much like the Curious brothers are set up to get abducted by aliens so you can experience that and Cassandra Goth is set up to be jilted at the altar. (I outsmarted the game. I had Cassandra dump Don by kissing Darren Dreamer in front of him and she then married Darren, so now her name is Cassandra Dreamer and she's very happy, thank you very much. They have a daughter named Felicity.)

5. Ace

Ace New Member

Surprised by Witches, I disagree. Brandi was not pregnant when I started playing the game. I played with her and other characters for about 6 months before my hand slipped and she got pregnant by my character. If she had been pregnant when I began playing, she would have had the child long before that. Her other children were already an adult and a teenager when she gave birth so obviously the aging option was on for a good deal of the time I played her. She never showed any signs of pregnancy until my character knocked her up either. Then she had the normal three day pregnancy. I found it odd that the game showed her long dead husband as the father in the game and asked how to fix it here at the time it happened but got no response. My computer has crashed a few times since then and I've had to start the game over several times and she hasn't been pregnant in any of them.

6. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Skip Broke: You are the father

This is an interesting discussion. I just loaded my game because I wanted to see if Brandi Broke was pregnant and previously I had never played her house. Anyway I have downloaded the insimenator from here:

www.insimenator.net

With this object you can see if a sim is pregnant and if she is you can learn her pregnancy details. Preganancy details include number of babies, hours pregnant, and fathers ID (name). The name of the father is Skip Broke. I was under the assumption that everyone who bought the Sims 2 had the same preset characters but perhaps this is not the case. Either way it makes for an interesting game!

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

In the official guide it even talks about when you play Brandi Broke's household she is pregnant. It's weird that your game didn't have her a pregnant because she's set up to be pregnant by Maxis. She's supposed to be pregnant with her dead husband's child and like SBW said; it's so that you can experience a pregnant sim.

8. Xela

Xela New Member

Brandi was pregnant in my game, too-- but I guess it's some kind of glitch... the child she had by Skip Broke is listed as the child of the sim I had marry Brandi.

9. Ace

Ace New Member

Well, if it says she's supposed to be pregnant in the guide when you start playing, I must have a glitch in my game. I have reinstalled several times starting the game from scratch and she has never been pregnant in any of them.

10. Noobish111

Noobish111 Great Post ------------->

I too have also encountered this "glitch." Maybe it was the Mystery Sim on the kitchen table!

Dun dun dunnnn!