i just bought Pets and....

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruzz, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

For that exact reason I'm closing this thread; we don't need yet another thread about what the best expansion pack is. Sayaka05 you're more than welcome to post on the other threads, but please, (and this goes to not just you but countless others) please, use the search aspect of the forum first to see if your question has been asked/answered before.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Merged the threads together :)

3. TheSims2Movies

TheSims2Movies New Member

I agree

the sims2 pets was a huge dissapointment. apart from the new furniture and wallpapers i dont like it. hope seasons will b good though. i think thats the problem. They make it look amazing but its not all u hoped it 2 b . hu agrees?

4. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

I have it and I really like it. I'm a HUGE pet person in real life though. I have yet to have two dogs or two cats have kittens, that's something I haven't done yet. TS2 Pets is the only EP I have, so I have no input about the other ones :-X
    I'm waiting for the Season's one!

5. MictongPlayer

MictongPlayer New Member

It is a very nice addition for people to loves pets.
    Of course it's not 100% the same as what real pets would do, but it sure save the work of cleaning their leftovers ourselves

6. Bassoonist

Bassoonist Bassoons rock!

It was such a disappointment. I knew it from when they first announced it. Did they not say in the past that they weren't going to make an expansion pack with the theme of Pets? Yeah, well we got an EP with only pets and that really made me mad.

I got it for $15... and I believe I played it once and it didn't even give enough interest to keep me playing for longer then 5 minutes.

I however, am very excited for the upcoming Seasons EP. That should be good.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm sorry you were so disappointed with the EP. But that's one of the things that happens. In all the discussions over the past 3 years (since the discussions about Pets as a TS2 EP started as soon as they announced that there would be a TS2) have been varied. Some people wanted Pets *now* and others didn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole!

As to what Maxis said about Pets, it's important to know that TS1 Pets was the highest grossing of all the TS1 EPs. There was never a time when Maxis said they weren't going to put out a Pets. They only said that the EPs would not be one to one copies of the original EPs, and they certainly haven't been! From a business standpoint it would have been foolish to not do one. The only question was when they were going to do it.

Originally, I suspect that they planned to have Pets come out fairly early. MaxisLuc always said "within the first couple" (which people took to mean it would be either the first or the second EP.) Of course, it didn't come out first or second, or even third. And if you count the Stuff Packs (SP), it didn't even come out fourth or fifth! However, it could very well be that they had to put off doing it early because they couldn't get it to work the way they expected.

That's what happened with weather. Originally they said that the *basegame* was going to include weather. They even showed us video capture of it, but stated that they were having trouble because they couldn't get it to stop raining in the house, probably because of the customization that was allowed in building lots and houses.

Frankly, I wasn't thrilled about the idea of Seasons. However, I *really* wanted to have a gardening EP. That was actually my favorite part of Unleashed. So, I started getting interested in Seasons when they started talking about the crops that they would be putting in the game. (I want landscaping things too, but crops are good.) So, all in all, the more I see and read about Seasons, the more excited I am about getting it! I just hope my preordered copy comes on time! I hate it when others get the game before I do!

PS, I love your Icon. That's the one Manager Josh had when I first started coming here. I missed it when he changed to another!

8. TheSims2Movies

TheSims2Movies New Member

Well...

personally i think that TS1 Pets (Unleashed) was better because u could actually control your pet more, this one they dont let you actually do anything, so i find it so boring, all u do is pay for their food and they destroy ur furniture!

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Here's a couple of cheats for you so you can control the pets since you liked that aspect of TS1 Pets; use both of them for full control of your pets:

boolprop controlpets [on/off]
    boolprop petactioncancel [true/false]

10. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

giving pets away

So i gave one of my puppies away to Christy Stratton (a townie) and cant play her unless she joins my household so is there anyway i can see my pet again? if i choose invite household when i call her will the pet come too?
    thanks!

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, that should work.