How Do I Possible name change?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nox920, Jan 19, 2007.

1. nox920

nox920 New Member

Possible name change?

Is it at all possible to change the name of your sim, either with the game or by changing a file name?

Thanks in advance.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You can change the first name of your Sim using a tool like Merol64's Multipainting. Under miscellanceous on the left side of the painting it has "change name." (Find it here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30927&highlight=mood+painting)

Although I've never used it, I believe that you can also change the first name of a Sim using the boolprop cheat.

3. craziisimmer

craziisimmer New Member

You can also use the Tombstone of L and D.

hold down the keys CTRL + SHIFT + C and type in
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.
    hit enter.

SHIFT+CLICK any of your sims and select SPAWN-->TOMBSTONE OF L AND D

then select the sim that you want to change the name of. then click the tombstone and click "RENAME SIM" and there you go:D Happy Simming!!:D

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm going to recommend that unless you are a seasoned simmer and are completly confident in what you're doing to please not use the testing cheat. We've had several incidents now of people who don't know what they are doing play around with it and have some serious consequences show up in their game. Downloading Merola's painting is a much safer way to do the same things the testing cheat allows you to do.

If you go against this advice then please, please, please make sure you type in the cheat box "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" when you're done to turn the testing cheat off. And most importantly; if you don't know what one of the options will do...don't click it!!!

5. craziisimmer

craziisimmer New Member

I have used this cheat a lot, whether it be for the mailbox stuff, etc. And i'm sorry i just reccomended it because i tried to download the painting and i couldnt figure it out. It wouldn't show up in my game. Sorry for any inconvienience, I never had a problem with this cheat.