Do your sims change clothes?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Do your sims change clothes?

I was just wondering, as I wandered around various sites and thought about all the clothes I've downloaded, do I really need all these clothes?

I love 'shopping' for clothes for my sims. But I don't know why, because I usually have them buy only a couple of outfits and then they wear the same one all the time. Or at least most of the time. :eek:

There are so many clothes created for teen sims, for instance. I should have them change ever single day, but I don't. It's funny, but although the downloads may be free, getting them into a sim's closet is not. :rolleyes: Actually, 200 or 400 simoleons is a lot of money for a sim.

Is this common? Or do the rest of you enjoy changing their clothes every day they get up?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

My sims usually wear an outfit for a while, until I get sick of it. Typically my teens have two outfits, unless they're poor. Female adults go through three or four, males one or two (fewer choices).

They tend to change their underwear more. Don't know what that says about me. I downloaded a lot of underwear, I guess. :eek:

Hairstyles change more often. And makeup. I get tired of the same old look all the time.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I do get annoyed with the fact that there are less clothes to be found for the guys, or at least clothes that aren't totally clownish. :( And don't get me started on hair.

Sure, I'm open to T-shirts and jeans. But sheesh, some days you need to put on a shirt and not look like a dork.

If I'm looking around the sim sites I'm usually looking at clothes for guys, first. They're hard to find outside of Parsimonious and All About Style. It's usually just one more pair of grungy jeans.

4. BulliedbyBunnies

BulliedbyBunnies New Member

I tend to leave my Sims in the same clothing.

I like my sims to have the same feel as when I first played the game - Brandi Broke looking young and fresh in her Jeans and pink tank, Don Lothario (now Goth) with his puffy Elvis hairstyle, Cassandra in the goth dress and inexplicable pigtails. In fact, I feel this way about townies too, I feel sad when my sims bring certain townies home from work and their outfit has changed to the work default - especially sims like Goopy and Kennedy-of-the-black-socks-and-plaid-shorts.

I think it's clear to see that I like the dorky sims best. :D

The only time I change Sims is due to a developing sim storyline, mid-life crisus, busting back in style into the dating world after a cheating spouse etc...

5. Dreamaa01

Dreamaa01 Dream a Little Dream

I love changing my sim's clothing. Before my sim goes to bed I have to create a new outfit for the next day and usually change my hair style as well. I do get bored though if I do not download new clothing constantly hehe.

6. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I change a Sim's appearance more than I change their clothes. Once I establish a Sim's style and what they wear, then they're stuck. Though there have been exceptions...

Btw, is it normal for a female Sim, when she gets bitten by a vampire, to switch from what hairstyle she had to the vampire hairdo from Nightlife? I've never had this happen before, and it happened with two blondes. I find it quite funny actually. :D

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

No; it's not. It's actually a bug with Pets. It is mentioned as fixed in the patch on the official site. Did you get the patch yet?

8. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

A few hours I had posted, I did install the patch, and it did fix the problem. Thanks :)

I did let one Sim keep her new Grand Vampire hair though. You have to go into Change Appearance to revert the hair back. Hopefully it won't happen again with the patch installed.

I had heard that other people were having problems with their game when the patch was installed, such as toddlers growing up with blonde hair and black eyebrows or the genetics were bonked. I figure if I actually had a bug, it needed to be fixed more than leaving the game alone.

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

So that's what caused it!!!!! I had no clue what was going on. I had a red head and a brown haired sim (both brand new sims, no parent genetics yet) have two babies and both had brown eyebrows when born so I figured they were going to have brown hair...nope...BLONDE! I was so confused! I sent them right to the mirror to change that. Oh, and the little girl also ended up with the default boy style as well; also odd.

uh oh maxis...something broke! ;)

10. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

I generally only change my Sim's clothing once I've taken a photo of them for my album. Yes, I keep an album going for my "Legacy" family, even though it'll never get seen by anyone but me, heh. But, once they've been 'documented' in the album, then they need to change clothes. Because, it'd look funny if they were celebrating their kid's first birthday, and then later in the same outfit they're celebrating their kid's college graduation...

I'd love a hack (or maybe a feature included in an Expansion Pack) that would allow us to assign an outfit per day of the week. So, you'd open up the clothing window and have a tab for Monday-Sunday and could choose a different outfit per day. That way I wouldn't have to do it all myself. =)

11. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

I really like that idea!

I try to change my Sim's clothes often. Maybe not every day, but at least every other day. Mainly because I have some pretty stylish clothes I downloaded that I really like. :D

I tend to not change the hairstyles of my Sims. It just looks like a different sim so then it feels different...if that makes any sense.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

It does. Especially because the color of the new style may not be quite the same color as the previous style. I like reddish-brown hair, for instance, and none of the downloads ever match each other for color.

I try not to change the hair very much, usually just with an age transition.

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Wheras I'm a hairstyle changing fool. :D I get used to the new look fairly quickly.

I've been having fun changing townies, but now that I play in four different towns it gets a little confusing, like, hey, how'd she change back? :eek:

14. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

I change the hair quite a lot, especially with teens or if they change their clothes. I generally keep it the same colour though.

15. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

I have real issues with hair and clothes, I cant stop downloading them! I've started binning all my downloaded hair into the right bins now though since the whole genetics thing gets thrown out the window with custom hair. I would love to be able to bin eyes in the same way.
    As far as using the clothes go's, they usually have a whole wardrobe full of them but only use about 2 or 3 outfits unless I'm doing some sort of story with them, I cant seem to make myself delete them out of my downloads folder though. *shrugs*

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I deleted the chicken outfits. I never used them. I mean...really. Why would anyone dress that way?

17. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

Lol, Chicken Outfit :D

Hmm, I change clothes about every 2-4 Ingame days.