house party

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jessly56, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Jessly56

Jessly56 New Member

house party

how can you get your guests to wear formal to a house party? or swimsuits... or anything other than regular clothes..

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I don't believe there's a way to set a theme for a particular party. I might be wrong, but I've never was able to get guest sims to wear a particular themed clothing.

When it came to having a party in the hot tub, they all just changed on the spot.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You could throw a wedding party and then just not have the wedding. But you do need an enagaged couple to do that.

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

When I planned for a big wedding party for my Ironsides story pictures, I decided not to do the regular Wedding Party option. I used a hack to summon a lot of people to the church (which I built as a residential lot, not a community lot.)

But first I visited each house where the guests lived and picked fancy looking clothes for everyday wear. For most of them I remembered to choose their formal outfits carefully, too.

I still held the wedding, and most of the guests apparently knew enough to sit down and watch it. Some changed on the spot to their formal outfits. No limousine at the end, though. In this case I didn't want it showing up anyway.

The wedding party was pure chaos, but it was fun, and I got a lot of good pictures.

So, to throw a formal party, you might try visiting the households of the guests ahead of time and choosing fancy clothes for everyday wear. Some formal download clothes show up in almost all categories, I've noticed.

Just a party where I also had an engaged couple get married. Most sims knew what to do:
    [​IMG]

5. Jessly56

Jessly56 New Member

wow thats a lot of work! this is one way sims1 is better. theres an object that allows you to change what people wear at a party..

6. Jessly56

Jessly56 New Member

since theres no apparent way to have people dress accordingly, is there a way to make a party and outdoor one.. im holding a house party, but everyones inside watching tv instead of swimming in the pool or enjoying the sun. i dont want to have to delete all my indoor objects so they are forced to go outside for fun..

also, is there a way for people to sunbathe on the floor in seasons?

thanks!

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

You could just delete the doors so they don't go inside; or turn moveobjects on and then just move the doors out of the wall. Then you don't loose money. -- Make a seperate bathroom for outside; kind of like a little pool house, you can pretend it's a changing room.

If you have OFB you can lock the doors as well. Put the walls up, choose one of your sims and an option to lock doors will come up.

And no, no way for them to sunbathe on the floor...but that would be awesome! Grab the beach towels and lay out by the pool.