whats the difference??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Rozzalina, May 9, 2007.

1. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

whats the difference??

I was in the Apple Store today looking at sims expansions, and I saw that at the top of the Pets case, it said MacCD and at the top of the nightlife and uni expansions it said MacDVD. I think the stuff packs are "macCD's" too. could someone tell me what the difference is, like is there a difference in quality or something?
    thank you
    Rozza
    xx

2. KylaNicole

KylaNicole New Member

It's the same game(s), but DVDs hold more data, so games require fewer disks for installation. Example, my Sims base game is the DVD version, and I install and play off of one disk.

I think the only reason they bother to print it on the box is that not everyone has a DVD reader...I could be wrong about that, tho, heh

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The difference is in terms of Content.

One is labeled "Stuff Pack". The other is labeled "Expansion Pack". They are two very different types of contact packs.

Stuff packs add new objects, skins, basically new ingame items.

Expansion pack adds everything stuff packs does and also adds new interactions, new features, new functionality.

4. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

thanks, i don't think i worded my self very well in the first post. I know the difference between stuff packs and expansions, it's the differnce between MacDVD and MacCD i was wondering about
    rozza
    xx