Mysterious death??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fuzzy_ferret_luver, Jul 3, 2007.

1. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Mysterious death??

So, if you read my other post about the "forever baby" you'll know that I did have two toddlers in one house. Yesterday I played that family, and started potty training the original baby boy. Suddenly, a box comes up on the top right corner saying that he died on another lot and his spirit would live on?! But he was at the house, and he'd never even been to another lot before...?

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

whoa! that sounds like one for the records. :)

3. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

so did he disappear? is he still around? is he a ghost? this sounds cool.

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I was wondering the same thing. Did the baby vanish?

5. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Yes, then he just faded away.
    But there wasn't an urn. Would it be on the lot he "died" in? The only lot that he could even go to (since he's a toddler and they can't go to other people's houses, right? I didn't invite that family anywhere anyways) is to the market (clothes store, pet store, and grocery store lot)...But I never took him there either!

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Unfortunately, I think this is a glitch. Sounds like it may be a bugged lot, since you had trouble with the baby before that anyway.

I had a bugged lot once. If you have more problems with the family you might want to move them out and destroy that house. If you have the Uni EP, then you can pack up stuff in their backpacks so that they don't lose everything.

However, with the baby gone now, maybe everything else will work OK.

7. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Have you used any cheats? or addons such as downloaded?
    Very strange thing.:confused:

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

:eyepopping: I've had Uni for years but I've never figured out that you could do that!!
    So.. um... how do you do it? :silly: :rolleyes:

9. Simzruleurbut

Simzruleurbut New Member

erm

did you give him a death token in his memorys did it say i am dead cause thats how it happened i think he had a dead token thats what balla goth has when u respawn her and the same thing happens but i got balla goth back its easy =]

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

You've seen the backpack under the rewards icon, I assume. You can pick up any object, even a car, using the hand, and move it down to the backpack screen and let it go. I often store stuff in the backpacks, just to get it out of the way when the lot is small and I don't want, for example, the antique camera to be sitting out in plain view when I take a picture of a primitive snow-covered mountain cabin. :rolleyes: ;)

If you've graduated a sim from college, the college degree is probably in the backpack and goes with him/her back to town. Sims can take other stuff away from college that way, too, like pool tables, cars, furniture.

11. Odinmoon

I have a whole toy shop in my backpack.lol From my failed toy shop.:D

So now I sell toys in my Real Estate office. lol

12. muffin-tacos

I'll try that the next time I play on sims. Thanks, Lynet. :D

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

As far as I remember the backpack doesn't appear until OFB, or possibly Nightlife. So if all you have is Uni you won't see it. I don't know if you get it automatically with Seasons or Pets, since I installed them in order.

The "died on another lot" message appears when you choose the "move gravestone" option. I moved a ghost to the cemetery a few times and got that message. So it's the game's way of dealing with its confusion over the dead toddler.

Normally kids don't die so I'd agree it's a glitch. The game is just glitchy sometimes. You should be able to keep playing the family, but if you're really concerned you could move them to a different lot.

14. Odinmoon

With seasons it does.:)

15. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

ive invited people round with toddlers but they dont take the toddler home with them which is bad because any adult on the lot cant look after it as it isnt there child and have no bond.

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Krazzy, I believe the abandoned toddler issue is a bug that was corrected by one of the game patches.

Unfortunately, I don't recall which patch fixed it, but is one of the earlier ones.

17. muffin-tacos

Oh, oh, oh!

[​IMG] *brain wave* [​IMG]

It would be so cool if you could invite parents and their toddlers around and they came pushing their todds in a pram!!
    ... And they would take the toddlers back home with them as well and not abandon it on someone else's lot (they must have been really desperate to get away from that toddler, huh).

OK brain wave's over: you can now go back to your ordinary lives. :D

18. Odinmoon

Yea and why don't sims wash their clothes? :D

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

yeah sure, another job for the simmom to handle. Only if ea provides a drycleaners/laundrymat and you can send out the dirty clothes and they return it clean and folded.

20. muffin-tacos

Oo, nice idea. That would also make your sims have to change clothes more. My sims seem to be wearing the same clothes year after year... *tut tut* What? I can't be bothered to get them all the way to Downtown to buy some more clothes. My sims is so slow in DT. :tired: