What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Mirelly scared of spiders. No I dont believe it :eek: Ware gloves :D Watchout for those Yahoo! Slurp Spiders !!

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oh my, Mirelly! That is NOT a fun position to be in! I know, having been in such a position myself, once! Your d@mned if you do, and d@mned if you don't, and you just wish you could turn back time and not have to be the recipient of the confidence! I feel for you!:(

3. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Yes the DS is a neat gadget. My bros have them as well. One time we had a Brain Age competition going and it involved my parents. Hehe family fun. :D

I feel all giddy about making my school schedule every year. Though wait til you get to college: I've had to sprint from the communications building to the P.E. building down the street in 15 minutes. :eek: So feel happy now that you only have to go between two buildings now. :)

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh, don't even get me thinking about school. This year for me is going to be busy, busy, busy. Last year was hell, I'm telling you. *sigh* What with all the tests every week and all. Seriously, what do teachers like so much about tests? And the word 'grades' sends chills up my spine.

I haven't been on for a few days because my internet has been sooo slooooow. Broadband my ***. We were all keeping our fingers crossed that it would fix itself soon and I guess it did 'cause it's fine now. Hope it doesn't happen again. Half a day of no lessons completely wasted because of the snail net. So I had to go back in time to the victorian age and read all day and *ahem* watch TV. :eek:

5. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I'm quitting work on 7th Sept so I can have a week off before I start good ol' University :). I also passed my maths resit paper so I don't have to take that module again. Woot.
    One negative though is that my pc died a while ago but my HDD is now in my boyfriend's pc. Simmage 2 ftw ;)

I'm glad your net has been sorted tacos, I couldn't live without mine :D

6. muffin-tacos

Today I've been horseriding (Kilroy--the horse--and I were floating on the clouds, it went that smoothly), I've been groceree shopping with my mum (we always end up buying lots of yummy unhealthy snacks as well as the importat bits and bobs ;)) and I've been writing. There's now a new story started by me in the library called Happy Families, you should check it out. My eye is watching you to make sure you do it! :rolleyes:

... And that's pretty much everything. Oh and I've been playing sims of course. Took one look at the old Favourite Download Sites and look where it landed me. With a hell of a lot of new stuff for my simmies. (What is with the thrill of getting new stuff? It's so weird, and I'm a sucker for it every time.) That thread is a death trap, I'm telling you! :eek: Well, at least you get lots of clothes out of it. :bouncy:

Now I'm off to make myself a cup of tea and I have a date with an old pal of mine: the TV. :veryhappy:

7. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Why is it always painful for me to watch football?

We had a "tailgate"-like b-day dinner for my mom, and now I'm not even caring to see my college's team play. I can tell who's winning by my dad's yelling. :eek:

I found some interesting program that lets me stream music and show what the last song I played on my computer. Neat little gadget called Last.fm.

8. muffin-tacos

What's new with me is that I just came home from going horse riding in the rain. It was lovely. Both the horse riding and the rain. :) I like rain, it's so relaxing.. Well, going horse riding in the rain was relaxing. It's most certainly not relaxing when its poring and the wind is freezing --and don't forget the thunder and lightning!-- and you have nothing but t-shirt and shorts on. No, that's not very relaxing at all. :eek:

What's this I hear tapping on my windows? It's raining again. How nice because I'm not outside this time. :bigthumbsup:

9. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

What's new with me is that I just looked at the date and realised at this time in 2 months, I'll be a Mrs :eek:! Kinda freaky actually, Mrs is what they call my Mum.

Anyways, sssh, I didn't tell you it's meant to be a surprise. I don't know any of you personally do I?? :D

10. Odinmoon

quote: Anyways, sssh, I didn't tell you it's meant to be a surprise. I don't know any of you personally do I??

Well seeing as you live Down under. Mmmm 1 in 30,000,000 chance you know me. :D

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

What's new with me is that I FINALLY reached 900 posts, so now I can have my own custom Avatar! Yippee Skippee for me!

12. Odinmoon

Cool :) Congratulations and salutations. ;)
    I only have 309 to go :banghead:

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Congratulations, to Allie. :D

Congrats also to Sacha.

I am trying to up the rep points of you guys cos rep points also lead to custom avatarhood. Moon has been a constantly good poster with great advice and stuff, but I am blocked from adding rep to Moon cos I've already given some and "need to spread it around before adding more."

I admit that I am rather sloppy at remembering to clcik those li'l scales.

So the resolution for the autumn is for everyone to give out more rep. Be generous in your praise of helpful, interesting, original, or funny posts. And don't wait for autumn if you're in the land down under, where beer does flow and men chunder: you can do it in the spring instead :)

14. muffin-tacos

Congrats Sacha and Allie!!

I find this limited amount of rep that you can give out quite annoying because I'm never able to 'cause I've given it too recently to the person I want to give reputaiton to. I understand why that's a rule and I think it's a good one except for that I now have lots of people on my "Must Give Reputation To" list. :p

Grr...

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Thanks for the rep, Mirelly! Much appreciated! And thanks for the timely reminder! I'd give you some rep for that, only I need to spread it around...:D

16. alliekat

Actually Moon, seeing as though we're both on the east coast, the chances of us knowing are probably smaller :D
    Are we up to 30,000,000 already???

I too am hopeless at remembering rep points, though the advice, tips and comments of practically everyone on this forum is fantastic! I'll keep trying to remember.

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Coming up so quick!!! Feeling the pressure? I'm 4.5 months off and feeling it...ugh.

So are the two of you eloping and that's why it's a surprise?

And congrats on all the posts Sacharissa; welcome to the world of custom avatars! ;)

edit: I also just tried giving rep to Odimoon, muffin, Sacharissa and Mirelly but all of you can't have it either. (allie got some though!) I think it needs to be a rule like we can't give rep to the same person within an X amount of days instead of spreading it around. How many people do I have to rep before I can give it to back to the same person anyway?

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I've been so bad about giving rep. I do sometimes, but mostly I forget.

And so many times I've really enjoyed or been grateful for someone's post, too.

:eek::eek::eek:

I went around and gave out some rep for posts I really appreciated. Often got the "Spread it around message" and also think I may have missed people. But I'll keep it in mind from now on.

19. alliekat

Sort of. "Engagement party" surprise. We'd much rather spend money on the house than a big wedding, and with our families, would be BIG!

20. muffin-tacos

I think maybe it's five people? :confused: Not sure though.

Oh Jupitershana, that is SUCH a great idea about the X number of days. Someone tell Josh, LOL. I think I'll give you some rep for that great idea actually-- if it lets me.

It let me. :D