What's New Now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 5, 2007.

1. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

What exaclty is Pirate Quest? I've been seeing ads of it here and there.

Welcome back, Jazz! English classes are the best classes to sleep in. :p

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I disagree. For me it was always Botany. The course in which I learned to sleep with my eyes open. :p

No wonder I got a C.

3. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Well muffin the link is in my sig.
    Its a free game on the net with hundreds of players attacking and trading with each other. You have to train buy ships weapons. And you get your money to do this, by smuggling, sinking ships and on land battles. Its 2d game. So there is no animation except your ship and map. However its a lot of fun once you get to know people and gain experience. Arrrr. :bandit:

If anyone wants to join I can help you get started.:)

4. muffin-tacos

It sounds quite good. Remind me to check it out some time, Moon. I think the adds I've been seeing here are of something called Ever Quest which is something similar to PQ, I think? Ever tried that out? Oh, and does Jazz play PQ? :D

Yeah, that's pretty boring too. But English is the only class I've actually managed to fall asleep in, though that was when we had a crappy temporary teacher because my other one (who's really good) was off having a baby. :) Now that my teacher is back, English is quite fun at times, so let me rephrase what I just said: "English WAS the best class to sleep in." :rolleyes:

RE (Religious Education) is pretty easy to fall asleep to as well because my teacher has her moments where she just rambles on about stuff. But you kind of miss lots of things if you fall asleep in RE, which isn't so much fun when a test comes up out of nowhere and attacks you from behind (LOL).

5. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Are we talking high school or college/university here? Because I certainly never had Botany or Religious Ed in HS!

6. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Thanks for the welcome-backs. English, is pretty boring yes. I was talking Junior High english.

7. muffin-tacos

Swedish high school, Meg. We don't have Botany normally, but we did get the chance to try it out a smidge at my school before. :)

I don't even know if I would be going in highschool in the US. I go in secondary school in the UK anyway. Does a soon to be 15 year old go in high school? :rolleyes:

8. surprised_by_witches

In the US, high school is for ages 14-18. So yes, that's where you'd be. You'd probably be in your second year, or a sophomore.

9. muffin-tacos

Cool, now I get it. Thanks for splainin' that to me, SBW. I'll try to remember that in the future. I'll try to anyway. :D

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Just dropping in to say I'm just dropping in. :rolleyes: Back from LaPlata, Maryland. Going to a High School Reunion tomorrow. Have to be in the office on Sunday. Sheesh, I'm so in demand. :p Now, my husband is demanding my company because I've been away 4 days. Wonder what his problem is?

Hopes I get some free time soon to catch on Gervasio, and all the happenings here (like that long list of names at the bottom of the page. :confused: )

11. muffin-tacos

So, my brother has this habit of looking at boring videos on youtube of random people playing with superhero dolls... He happened to be looking at one of those vids today when I came into the room. The guy in the film was saying "You know, when I bought this doll, it's tongue was missing. I had to glue it back on." (This was talking about the venom super villain doll from Spiderman, btw. If you're unfamiliar with famous out-sticking-tongue Venom see this :p.) Well anyway, I started trying to have a conversation with my brother about this.

I said, "Seriously, what's interesting about seeing a video about a doll that you've already got with some random man dropping uninteresting comments here and there like 'the tongue was missing when I got this' ?"

My brother's answer was "Dude, it's not a doll."

LOL! Brothers, eh? :D

12. surprised_by_witches

Yes, brothers. Oy. I have one, myself.

What's new with me is we're in the process of moving our office upstairs, out of the basement and into the rodent room. But to do so we had to cat-proof the cages for the hamster and guinea pigs, since it's not fair to the dog to close the door when I'm in there (she's very attached to me in particular) and doggy access means kitty access.

So hubby did a nice job of setting up the cages. The cat can reach them but she can't get a purchase. However, there is one way she can get them and that's if they're dumb enough to stick their noses through the bars at her. Well, guinea pigs are smart enough to keep their distance. Hamster? Not so much. She's like a penguin: no predators, no fear. Our old cat was too worn out to hunt, the dog knows her place ("no pig" makes her slink away promptly), and we've kept her isolated from new kitten.

So what does she do this morning? Sticks her wee little nosey through the bars at Elinor and says "hi, who are you?" I had to grab Miss Purr Thang by the collar to save a costly trip to the vet to reattach said nose.

Stupid hamster. Now we have to keep the door closed except when we're in there. :rolleyes:

She is cute, though.

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Wow, SBW...Guinea Pigs! Hamster! Dog! Cat! :eek:

Not to mention the occasional mouse nesting in a sweater sleeve.

A lotta hearts, big and little, beating in that house of yours, aren't there? :)

14. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

The Rodent Room! Cool! I've never seen one of those before. Will we get a peek on Halloween?

15. surprised_by_witches

Yes, if you like, but it's not that exciting. Just a closet full o'cages that smell like aspen (on a good day). The rodents are cute, though. The guinea pigs look like potatoes with fur and the hamster has the cutest little hands.

16. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm a proud kitty mommy tonight! I'm addicted to a website called Cute with Chris. I sent him pictures of my Tanner several weeks ago but since I didn't hear anything or see the pictures posted I figured it wasn't going to happen. Normally I check this website every day but I hadn't checked it since Sunday. Imagine my suprise when I go to check it tonight and find this was posted on Monday: http://chrisleavins.typepad.com/chrisleavins/2007/10/viewer-cat-5.html

I'm so proud of my little guy! He's famous! :D

17. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That's so...well...CUTE! Congratulations! He's adorable!!

18. surprised_by_witches

Now he's going to want you to buy him a cape and tights. :rolleyes:

Cats. Give them an inch they'll knead their pointy little feet all over you.

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yup but it's so cute.

This one has been shared around in other places so I see no reason not to spread it funniness here as well. Cat lovers will have problems not wanting to watch this several times ... and be cautioned that it gets funnier every time you see it.

Do not watch this at work or you will draw attention to yourself ....

Cats (a cartoon at utube)
    -- you need to have the sound up for best effect.

20. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

ROTFL Oh my goodness! That was hilarous!!!!! It's so our Addie! Thanks for posting that one Mirelly!