Help! I accidently adopted!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sasukhan, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Sasukhan

Sasukhan New Member

Help! I accidently adopted!

It's me again with another question :)

I accidently adopted a child, and the service is bringing the baby over tommorrow (sims time). Any way to stop it?

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Your only option would be to quit without saving. Sorry!

3. Sasukhan

Sasukhan New Member

But if i treat the child badly, will the service come get him/her?

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes - but then I don't think you can adopt again. Also, if there are other children in the household, I think that they weill also be taken away.

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yep, you'll lose them all, never be able to adopt again, and know that you were a bad sim parent to boot.

I think your best option, if it's too late to quit without saving, is to treat it like an "oops" baby and make the most of it.

6. Sasukhan

Sasukhan New Member

I've treated it badly, and it got picked up :) Didn't have any other kids anyways, and im not considering adopting either, so its all fine now.

7. fatuglyvenus

fatuglyvenus New Member

thank god this is a sims forum!!

8. jennProp

jennProp New Member

Can you get pregnant without trying for a baby ?

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I believe that there is a very slight chance that your sim could get pregnant without selecting the "Try for Baby Option." There are also hacks available that increase the chances of an "oops" baby.

10. surprised_by_witches

I think the only way to accidentally get pregnant is through use of a hack. I've never had it happen to my sims.

11. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Even 'try for baby' is based on chance. You have the highest chance if woohooing in bed, second highest in a hot tub, and the smallest chance in a public place like the dressing rooms. Sometimes I've had to try three times in bed to get pregnant. Unlike real life, where it happened the first time.

12. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

I hope you are not alone :eek::rotfl:

13. Jiko

If I am, think of the implications... you knew I was perfect, didn't you?

14. Ruzz

Ruzz New Member

I had the same problem lol. I put the baby outside the house and locked the door to all sims ^_^ Didn't want no adopted kid, was already planning to get married and have my own.

15. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Ummmm...
    How did you accidently adopt?? You accidently clicked on the phone, then accidently clicked "Adoption Agency", then accidently clicked "yes" when they asked if you were sure? I'm confused, maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see how one could accidently go through all those steps...

16. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

As soon as you click on Adoption Agency on the phone list, assuming you have enough money, haven't lost a kid to a social worker before, and have at least one adult in the house, the game thinks you want to adopt and doesn't give you the option to click "no, I don't want to adopt!" That's something that Maxis should probably change!

So if you meant to click on repairman and then accidently moved your mouse right before clicking and end up adoption agency you'll have a baby/toddler/or child on the way.

17. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Oh ok, I guess I'm thinking about something else. Sorry :-X They really should change that though...

18. Jiko

I don't agree! I like how easy it is. I think it is a little too hard to get pregnant in the game because it's a little too hard to woo-hoo (compared to real life). So I think it's good to be able to adopt so easily. I have made the call impulsively and then regretted it, stuck with a baby, and it's a little like impulsive woo-hoo, don't you think?

19. surprised_by_witches

Wow. Are we playing the same game? :p

I've had sims get pregnant on the first date. Guess that says a lot about me, huh. :eek:

But I agree, a "no, I changed my mind" option wouldn't hurt when calling the adoption agency. You get one for a bloody pet, after all.

And the thing about sim pregnancies is, they're enough of a pain to act as a kind of birth control. Much like in real life.

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

We had words for girls like you :p

*Spits out the sour grapes* (I'm just jealous :rolleyes: )