Walking down the aisle

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Sep 13, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

So, um, just taking a wild shot in the dark here: you're excited to be getting married? :rolleyes: :D

2. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Ok, just got to butt in here and say, seriously, you are worried about 4 months???? :rolleyes:

Picking up the dresses today, they have been on layby. I'll post a pic later.

I've sort of figured, as a present, I'll get him 2 tickets to Spamalot and a night in the city. He better enjoy it too, cuz it will probably be a triple header, birthday, christmas and wedding present, the way funds are going.

I haven't even thought about flowers yet. I better get cracking huh?

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

You're both right! I'm super excited to get married, but honestly I am a little stressed about what needs to be done still. Mainly because I'm the only planner. A lot of the things that I need help from Brandon with we only have Saturday afternoons/evenings to do them on because of his schedule.

That's only 17 Saturdays total until the weekend of the wedding. This Saturday is engagement pictures, next Saturday is premarital counseling; and 3 more of the Saturdays will be taken up by the rest of the premarital counseling as well. He also had a meeting once a month that he is required to go to for his Police Reserves. Not to mention he's also supposed to go out on patrol at least once a month with the Reserves; which nixes another 4 days....and of course the weekend before the wedding is the bachelorette/bachelor parties...3 free weekends. That's it for him. We need to pick out tuxes/get him fitted, find his ring, meet with the venue and cateror, meet with the DJ...a bunch more things that I have on a list at home. See why I freaked out about the 4 months now? :rolleyes:

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Ah, Shana, take a deep breath. Your dress is beautiful and you will look beautiful, and you and Brandon will live happily ever after.

You will also have lots of stories to tell about your wedding and how frantic you were to get everything perfect.

But when you're sitting side by side in your rockers on the porch, looking at each other's grey heads, you will not be thinking about your wedding, 'cause there will be so many, many other happy memories in between. :D

5. surprised_by_witches

She's right. It's just one day. Mine took 4 months to plan and it was a perfect day. Not because all went according to plan but because I got married to the right man for me.

And there are so many more memories that happen after: trips, kids (if you want them), times together ... and most importantly, someone to laugh with over the craziness of life, someone to turn to when you're ready to pop or need some perspective.

The best marriages bring out the best in you both. Most of the time. ;)

6. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Well Shana I tried to find bridesmaid dresses for you but they only had Tooto's oh I cant spell it. and army boots in my size. :cool:

7. jupitershana

LOL; thanks for trying moon!

And SBW and Lynet; I know all that, I'm not worried if it is or is not going to be a perfect day. I'm not even frantic to get everything perfect. There are just certain things that need to get done and little time to do them. Not meeting with the caterer to pick out food is obviously something we can't not worry about. I guess I'm not looking for anyone to tell me not to worry about it; more of less just looking for a "wow! that is a lot going on!" Planning a formal wedding for 250 people for the reception is a lot of work; and since I'm working full time and Brandon is working full time and going to school full time it's HARD work.

I also have a MIA Maid of Honor right now...that's not helping. Seriously; she hasn't returned my phone calls or emails for two weeks now. My aunt has also been trying to contact her with no response...I'm not sure if I should be worried or annoyed.

And we're supposed to do our engagement pictures tomorrow and it's going to rain all day and be super windy; pushing things back another weekend...*sigh* I don't want to hear everything is going to be alright, honestly, I just want sympathy.

Sorry...I'm just in a really bad mood tonight because of the f'ing weather and MIA friend. :hissyfit:

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Suggestion: Get SBW to be maid of honor. Or Hugz :D :D :D :p

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

You got it. :eek: I hope it works out, and wish I could lend a hand.

10. surprised_by_witches

Well, why didn't you say so? Poor baby. Hope things are better today despite the weather still being not so nice.

Maybe your friend is going through issues of her own right now. I've gotten upset with people before only to find out someone in their family died or some other crisis that made me feel like a right prat for being upset with them.

Or, maybe she's secretly jealous you're getting married and just needs time to deal. Or she's just being a pill. Hope you hear from her soon in any case.

11. ManagerJosh

I still vote for SBW for Maid of Honor :D :p

Sach can be flower girl :p

12. surprised_by_witches

LOL, Josh. Been there, done that. Though Sacha would make a cute flower girl.

I think I'll stick to the role of supportive friend.

13. jupitershana

Thanks; I think I'm up for a wine and cheese night or something soon...haven't reached MIA MOH (haha) yet, but spoke with her brother who resides in the same house as her; shes just fine. She still hasn't called me back, or my aunt, or another friend who was calling for a whole other reason...I'm not happy. Wine and cheese and supportive friends sounds great right about now!

On another happier note: We did these last Saturday; but I forgot my camera at the time. I was back up at my parent's tonight and I took pictures! Cost us $112.00 and 5 hours for 1 brides bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 toss bouquet, 11 boutonnieres, and 9 coursages. (plus floral tape and ribbon)

My bouquet!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My great grandmother's brooch on my bouquet; my something old.
    [​IMG]

All the flowers, my bouquet (left) toss bouquet (center) bridesmaids (right) Corsage (two flowers), and the boutonnieres (one flower). Brandon's and the ring bearer's both have two flowers that match the flowers of the rest of the guys.
    [​IMG]

And a better picture of the bridesmaid's bouquet. I made 3 of these.
    [​IMG]

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

So beautiful and well done. I love the blue color in with the white.

15. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh, what pretty flowers! I like the blue and white too. Your wedding is going to be beautiful, Shana, just like all weddings are -- well, most of them anyway. :)

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Beautiful. Intrigued the notion of a "toss bouquet". You mean you actually have a separate one to throw? Isn't that kinda cheating? ;) (Like you'll be telling me next that, aside from maids of honor etc., you also have an official tossed bouquet catcher. :p )

Humour aside, the flowers look look perfect. I wish I had such talent to arrange blooms so artfully. (I can't even decide what the blue flowers are called ....)

17. ManagerJosh

Nah Mirelly. Shana's trying to be unique. She throws two bouquets. First one is a decoy while the second one is the real one :D :D :D :p

18. jupitershana

ROTFL: No, a toss bouquet is actually normal. All the florists I talked to threw in a toss bouquet for the reception along with the bridal bouquet...mainly because the bridal bouquet is normally to big and heavy to throw. And besides, I want to keep mine! :p Although I do like Josh's idea of a decoy...hehe

Oh, and also, the blue flowers actually rang up as baby's breath.

19. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh yeah, just imagine getting hit by one of those in the head. Ouch, painful. :rolleyes: :D

Look out for the flying bouquets! :ducks:

20. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

When you throw it. Remember to remove the vase. :D

Yes they are beautiful.:)