help installing ep's

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by wiseiam, Oct 17, 2007.

1. wiseiam

wiseiam New Member

help installing ep's

hi all, maybe some1 out there can help me. 2 ?'s. first ?, i've got (all single cd's), sims 1, ll, hd, vac, unl, & mm. my problem is that i installed unleashed last and when i go to play, (using the unl cd), it tells me to put in the correct cd and it has the mm backdrop. why won't it let me play with the unl cd?

and the 2? is that when i get to the neighborhood, i only have 4 houses available to me. i installed the maxis's houses, i think there's 5? snooty, valentino, maximus, hatfield, and the jones's. however, after i installed them and started the game they won't show up! and also, i only have 4 neighborhoods. 1, 4, 6 & 8. what happened to 2, 3, 5 & 7?

i appreciate any help/suggestion/opinion, however, if you're going to tell me to uninstall them and then reinstall them all in a certain order, then you're gonna have to tell me how to save my families and houses that i've already created so i won't lose them this time. :) much appreciated. thanx a lot..........felisha

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Have you tried starting the game with the MM disc in the drive ... start the game with the Making Magic shortcut/Start Menu item.

3. wiseiam

wiseiam New Member

yes and it tells me to insert the correct cd and try again... and since i installed unleashed last, i was using that cd....

4. wiseiam

wiseiam New Member

UPDATE: just wanted to let you all know that i just went ahead and uninstalled all the games, ran the simseraser, then reinstalled all the games in order. i'll just have to start over with the families and houses.... thanks for all the help.