MMORPG Possibilities?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

MMORPG Possibilities?

With the introduction of seamless neighborhoods, I started thinking about the applicable concepts and possibilities that could result of this. I started thinking about The Sims Online, and then I thought it could some of The Sims 3 technology could be ported over to a possible huge online game for Sims 3.

So, what do you think The Sims 3 could bring to maybe a massive online role playing game? aka "The Sims 3 Online", hypothetically?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Unless it would a free to play game I think I'd pass! Ea's sucked enough of my money and life away as it is now ! :rotfl:

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I don't care for the idea of going online to deal with other Simmers like a MMORPG. I see people playing World of Warcraft and Second Life and wonder why they want to do it. It seems so adversarial to me. (I prefer cooperation and no landmines, thankyou.)

4. timothgallagher

timothgallagher New Member

What exactly do those other popular sites do ?
    --- My guess is you've already did Sims Online, and like every other game developer had learned a few things along the way. Particular issues, such as why the Mac Gamers couldn't join in, and finally - the Sims 2 evolved which makes people wonder what is the next "thing" to happen, other than SPORE.

--- The other online MMPORGs' have a few things they've done to get people involved.

The Sims on the other hand... has that potiential, but if you're asking it to compete with sites such as Pirates of the Carribean, or Diablo, or Dungeons n' Dragons... I think you probably would want to take a different spin - and look at those lesser known Text Based games where characters are asked to do deliveries from one character to another NPC, and include stuff such as NIGHTLIFE EXPANSION pack, with the backpack feature.

Gaia-Online, once in a while - features experiments where you get your character to visit places, to get some extra gold to buy clothes, products, and things for the small domo / house. There are little worlds in Gaia-Online that act just like MAKIN' MAGIC on the original sims final release.

Not only - perhaps you should look more carefully into what Gaia-Online is doing, and perhaps develop your NPC characters a bit more to where the on-going drama soap opera continues in such a way that it draws people in a bit more.

I think that the decision to do "LIFE STORIES" was a good choice - at least it gets people involved in the Characters' lives and one would wonder if those characters will continue to be around when the idea develops.

--- might be too much for you to digest.
    (( Still, you want something interesting and exciting as well.))

My Prediction, is the use of Chat Bots.
    --- People would want to test the limits of what a Sim can do, even pick it's brain to pieces. Find out exactly how some of that simple alternative intelligence stuff would work for the game.

Second Prediction, Career choices and decisions.
    --- I know that I liked the idea, of being given a surprise decision that must be made. The Sims 2 offered that option, should or should you not risk going into a cave, or driving through a puddle with a school bus full of kids.

Third Prediction, Most people would like the chance to see Sims 3, follow through on the delivery... which was a problem right before Sims 2 was released. The fear is, you've got this good thing going... but you need more input.

T.G.

5. benjamin385

benjamin385 New Member

If they just added an optional multiplayer component into the game then. i will Be happy previous life-simulation games lack Multiplayer and communication with other players through the game.

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I've never wanted to play live online because I just don't type fast enough. :confused:

7. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I don't care for the subscription costs, unfortunately. I'd have to pass.

8. ManagerJosh

What if it is free John? :D

9. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I might consider it. But knowing EA, it won't be :p

10. ManagerJosh

They made TSO briefly free.. (note...briefly because they killed it later)