Troubleshooting Can't open dialog box

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by CCallisto1, Jun 4, 2009.

1. CCallisto1

CCallisto1 New Member

Can't open dialog box

Hello! I am having trouble when I try to use the cheat codes. When I press the ctrl+shift+C, nothing happens. I have tried making the keyboard keys easy to use, and nothing seems to work. I am using a laptop. The game does work, I just like to cheat and get more money. :D Does anyone have advice? Thank you!

2. Valagil

Valagil New Member

Odd question that may or may not help... Are you in live mode when you are trying this? I have found that if you are in buy or build mode it does not work.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Exactly where are you entering the cheat codes? They generally only work when you have an active family and are on their lots or playing their characters.

4. CCallisto1

CCallisto1 New Member

I have tried using the code in buy, builld and live mode, with an active family. Maby I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I don't know, it's really weird. I never had this problem with sims 1 and 2.

5. ManagerJosh

What cheat code would you be using?

6. CCallisto1

CCallisto1 New Member

I was trying to use the code "motherlode", for more money, but I can't even enter it in because ctrl+shift+C doesn't work.

7. ManagerJosh

Try the combination CTRL+SHIFT+WINDOWS KEY+C

or

CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + C

8. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Make sure you don't have sticky keys turned on also!

9. CCallisto1

CCallisto1 New Member

Okay, on my laptop I have to press ctrl+shift+windows+C to open the dialog window. The code did work, but in order to use the codes I have to turn the sticky keys on, strange, but it works. Thank you so much, I'll be enjoying my game much more now that I can cheat! :D

10. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

That's odd as usually it doesn't! LOL

11. ManagerJosh

Gotta love technology :D