How Do I Pre-made pets in Sims 2 Pets Exp Pack?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Jun 24, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I'm planning on downloading the Sims 2 Pets expansion pack. I was reading directions and it tells in detail how to create a cat or dog. What if (to start) I just want to choose a dog and not create one, just to simplify things as I learn? The directions do say how to get caged animals, but not the cat or dog so does anyone know where or how I get a pre-made dog or cat?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I'm sure there are some pre-made pets in create a pet.
    It's been so long since I've messed with it though I'm not sure.
    Unless you want them coming around every hour of the day and night I would highly suggest you find a no stray mod or you'll be overwhelmed with strays coming around your lot ALL THE TIME!
    It was one of the things that turned me off of pets in the game.
    Then you'll have your sim wanting to go out and do whatever interactions with whatever stray shows up in your yard or on your doorstep all the time too.
    And forget about chasing them off cause they just keep coming back .
    It's shame they didn't include a no strays sign like from the original sims game.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

There are some premades in the Create a Pet. But creating them is pretty easy. You can also adopt the strays which Steve mentioned. (Although, also like he mentioned, they get *really* annoying after a while. It was my least favorite EP in TS2, although it was one of my favorites in TS1.)

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Thanks for the info. So strays are hard to deal with in TS2? Funny in real life I think rescues and shelter pets are the most grateful and make wonderful pets :) Hmmm, I don't like to fool with modifications that you have eto download--although I use lots of cheats. Guess I'll forego the Pets app :(

I think my least favorite EP (or least used anyway) in TS2 is Best of Business (Open for business combination pack). I do use it as a place for my Sims to go once in a while (the club Dante and arcade), but I've had little success in them hiring people and making some money. I still haven't added Apartment Life and can't get Nightlife for Vista, so it may be I'd like them less, but don't know.

5. KatAnubis

I really liked having Open for Business. I used to have a store which sold decorative sculptures that did very well. I liked Nightlife too, because of the dating aspects. My absolute favorite was University, because of the new jobs and opportunity objects it opened up. (I had a store which had a plastic surgery object and hair styling chairs. It did very well until I opened up a new part of the store to selling things, then those took over unfortunately.)

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Open for Business sounds fun the way you describe it :) Probably I wasn't patient enough. Meanwhile I was wondering...if I do add Pets, will the strays show up on every one of my Sims lots? I had planned only to have a few of the senior couples add pets because their life gets boring, while younger Sims are going crazy enough raising kids. But if the strays will bother every Sim lot I play, not just these senior sims who get a pet, that would be a drag. The penguin bothering my Sims who fish and put them on the wall is enough lol

7. KatAnubis

The strays go to every lot, whether they have pets or not. They really make pests of themselves. (The Penguin is actually rather fun by comparison.)

8. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Man, I guess I should have saved my money instead of buying Pets! lol Someone at another forum said it was really fun esp if you are an animal lover.I saw a place online where you can get a zip file with a sign sending strays away, and it said it was for Sims 2, but everything else I've read said the sign available in TS1 is not there in TS2 :(

Yeah, I agree, Kat, I actually think the penguin is funny and cute (most of the time). I am always amazed that he can get up the stairs so easily lol

9. KatAnubis

There is a TS2 anti-pets sign, but it is from MTS or TSR, or some place like that. Good luck with the pets!

10. swmeek

11. KatAnubis

Good to see that Simlogical is still around in some form. All my links for them died.

12. swmeek

I hadn't tried Inge's site in awhile and this is what I found off of the wiki site.

13. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Well, now I'm thinking I might add Pets after all. After all, I know a lot of people hate the toddlers because they take a lot of attention, but I think they're adorable. I've never had any success downloading stuff like clothing and hair from the Sims place, the stuff never showed up. So I'm wondering how this simlogical thing works. Do you have to download it and how much does it cost or is it free?

14. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Hmmm, I would like to know what happened to my picture...

15. swmeek

All the avatars got removed for some reason that Manager Josh stated in a post here in the forums awhile back.

16. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, thought it might be something like that. Anyway, I replaced it. :)

17. KatAnubis

If you don't inhabit Off Topic, you may have missed the announcement. Evidently there were so many large file ones that were on inactive accounts that he decided to just delete them all and let us re-upload what we wanted.

18. jJonah looney

jJonah looney New Member

This is a good idea!

19. handbagsome

handbagsome New Member

This is a good idea!good luck