How Do I Sim's mood keeps crashing, how do I tell why?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by lorelei92950, Aug 15, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I just started playing TS3 (I always play TS2). My Sim has everything going for him, but suddenly his mood keeps crashing. I'm used to TS2 where I know how to tell what's wrong (usually just the needs). My Sim's needs are not that low before I attend to them. Is there someplace to tell what is wrong? Or something I'm not doing?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The needs should still tell you why his moods are low, but other factors such as social ones can be a problem as well. Moods deteriorate rather quickly in TS3. The needs don't need to be in the toilet to still be a problem. Testingcheatsenabled true is a good cheat which allows you to have more control over the moods.

3. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Me too, re the needs---before halfway. But those were all good. I finally realized the problem in this case was he wanted three different things and one was a hot tub. I decided to gratify that one first since I could do that easily (I thought). But there is no hot tub unless you get an exp pack evidently. Anyway I deleted that wish and immediately he went to green from orange red. Moodlets? Is that the word for the those wishes? Thanks for helping :)

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Wow! Those two links should help a lot, Nyx :) I'm playing Sims 3 on my new laptop but have not got connected to the internet yet. I'm new to laptops, new to Windows 7 and new to Sims 2---a lot of adjustments to make for an old lady! lol

6. KatAnubis

Yep, those wishes are called moodlets. It's a good idea to fulfill them as soon as you can (or get rid of them). They are more important than needs in many ways.

7. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

All his seem to be long term ones so I can only work on them (upping skills, writing a novel, etc) but now he's so miserable he won't do anything. All his needs are up, but it doesn't seem to matter. I can see the moodlets are more important but I can't get him to do anything. I fear he is not long for this TS3 world :( And I really liked him until now. He was very upbeat and everything was going great, then this. And it was very sudden. He won't clean up so I've been deleting sinks and toilets and replacing them so he won't have garbage around to pull down his mood. Doesn't seem to be helping. When I got rid of the wishes that I thought would take too long to fulfill (under the current circumstances), it didn't make any difference this time. Wish I knew what his problem was...

8. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

have you tried the reset sim cheat ?

9. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

does he have any good moodlets? these things here:

[​IMG]
    Moodlets are in between the needs bars and the lifetime wish.

This page from the same site as before should help you out to get some. Its a good idea to obtain positive moodlets regularly.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/moodlets.php

10. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Hmmm, not aware of a reset Sim cheat in TS3, have to check into that. I've been getting some help from friends at Facebook who play, but when I read the problems they have I'm ready to shove my laptop (with TS3 installed) back in the bag and just go back to my TS2 lol Sooooo much more to deal with--and most of the stuff I really love about TS2 they have done away with in TS3 :(

11. KatAnubis

An amazing number of people feel the same way. I personally like TS3 better than TS2. I loved TS2 but I got bored with it. It would get better for a while after an EP came out, but then the fun wore off again. I don't find that with TS3. I play and play (although I have to admit I've been playing Sims Medieval lately) with only WA as an EP. A lot of the things about TS2 that I did like came with the base game for TS3, so I was pretty happy with it. Plus I love the way you can change the color of their clothes or furniture without using an art program or SimPE. I enjoyed using SimPE, but I found it frustrating that I'd have to pull it out whenever I wanted something a different color.

The reset sim cheat is "resetsim firstname lastname" where you substitute the name of your Sim for the "firstname lastname" part. Or you can do the general wildcard one by using "resetsim *".

12. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I would probably have gotten bored with TS2 also but I'm so invested in a couple of my Sim families and writing a blog about them so it keeps it interesting.

I haven't played TS3 in a couple days but will check out the things you all told me :)

13. swmeek

another wonderful spammer!

14. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I know...I reported him, but it probably was a useless gesture...

15. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

OM NOM NOM

16. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

17. swmeek

flamey had spam for lunch!