How Do I My sim can't buy flowers at the florist shop

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Aug 23, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

One of my Sims just opened the flower shop, people have bought some flowers and my other Sim showed up and bought something. I noticed that although the shop is large enough, all the customers crowded in front of one display, getting in each other's way as only a Sim can. So I took my second Sim (who had purchased some flower before remember) and I had her visit the florist shop from her end. Now I could see that she was only allowed to browse from two shelves--why is this? The browse-able ones are all in one corner so flow is bad there. I guess I could move these ones that work, but all the displays are on the same type of display shelf, just a difference of size.Until I know what the problem really is, I hate to move anything, I've got it looking just the way I want. Of course, if the shop goes bust, who cares?

Anyway, the real problem was that my shopping Sim cannot purchase anything; only browse. There's nothing to click on at the cash register, so, can't she buy flowers? I was hopoing she might even be able to buy specific flowers. (She ate at a restaurant another Sim owns and was able to get food, so...) There is so much stuff they left out of the directions, I think. lol I guess if my shopping Sim wants specific flowers she'll have to make them herself. Not much good having a florist in town if you can't buy there.

Meanwhile, I would realy like to have help with this browse issue and with people unable to browse from two shelves in my shop.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It's been a long time but sometimes it's because the shelf is corrupted. Also, check in the mode where you make things buyable to make sure you didn't accidently make it only viewable.

As to the other problem, I have no clue.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

"the mode where I make things buyable"? I have no clue as to what that is. I've made flowers and put them up for sale and they sold and bought flowers and put them up for sale and they sold and never saw anything that said how to make them buyable. If a shelf is corrupted, do I just replace it with another that looks the same? I have a couple displays that I did like the ones in the other stores and they are made up of 4 same pieces to make a square shelf. Would all be corrupted?

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I'll do that. It's actually all the shelves except for two. Now that I think of it...I left a lot of them that were there and just added a couple. So I guess I'll replace all but the ones that are browse-able. Thanks!

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

swmeek, this link should be helpful--never knew a thing about dealerships! Unfortunately when I click on restaurants, salons and hotels at the top it takes me down to them but there is nothing under the heading :(

7. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Yeah because nobody has added anything to that part of the wiki.

8. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Oh, pooties...but thanks again! :)

9. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, I replaced all the shelves since I didn't know which (or if all) were "corrupted". Now my visiting Sim cannot even browse. Nothing can be bought, nothing browsed of the crafted flowers. If I click on the wreaths for sale on the wall it only gives me the "View" option. I don't understand, my sim can visit the restaurant (as long as another Sim owns it) and get fed and even buy a cake or pie from the display stand there, but nothing works in this florist shop. My poor Sim owner worked for days making flowers too :(

10. KatAnubis

Your shelves haven't been enabled yet. You need to use the "for sale" tool and click on the things you want to sell. Activate your Buisness Information Viewer to do that. (I had to look it up in my "Prima Guide." It's been too long since I've played it!

11. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I just discovered that trick today. I was using it to check the prices but I didn't click on them and finally I did and I could see that when they "glowed yellow" they would now be for sale. So she had her best day ever at the florist shop! Up until now I have not sold objects, just services or even they just paid an entrance fee like at the Club Dante and the Arcade.

12. KatAnubis

I'm glad you got it to work!

13. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

How do I "activate" my "Business Information Viewer"? I probably have already done that, just don't know that is what it's called, but tell me in case. Also what is a "Prima Guide"? Do I need one?

14. KatAnubis

The Business Information Viewer is the thing up in the corner of the screen with various icons and the indicators for how your business is doing.

A Prima Guide is a book which gives instructions, hints and cheats for playing the game. They're usually only available for a little while although according to this, there are still a few of them available:
    http://www.primagames.com/guides/?keyword=The+Sims+2&platform=PC&sort=&format=both. You can find used copies for about $5 by using Bookfinder.com. (Don't even bother to look at the new copy prices. They're astronomical, which is funny considering how cheap you can get a used copy!) It's certainly nothing you need to buy, although it can be useful for playing the game if you don't have anyone who can answer your questions.

15. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, that was brilliant of me on the BIV lol I use it all the time just didn't think what it might be called. I will check into the Prima guide because although I get a lot of answers here, once in a while I either need an answer ASAP or the question doesn't attract any answers. Thanks again!