The Sims 3 Showtime - Worth Buying?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Has anyone looked at The Sims 3 Showtime? I've looked at it, and I hate to say it, but I'll say it. I'm not impressed. It feels like it's rehashing all the old ideas. It's not new. It's, well boring :(

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Isn't that what all the others have done is rehash old stuff?

3. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Yeah. Seems like the Sims Superstar. Although I did love the superstar expansion pack.

4. swmeek

I never really played the superstar pack all that much because when I got it sims 2 came out soon afterwards and I forgot about it.

5. shogun37

shogun37 New Member

The Superstar pack actually let you meet stars. Something Sims 2 never did. Would be nice if Sims 3 did...

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The problem is EA has no idea what they want to do. They do so many things mediocre but I'm looking for one or two things they do well.

7. swmeek

I think you mean EA has no clue what they're doing and so they just keep rehashing old stuff and making them shinier thinking it's gonna wow us even more but instead it mostly just p*sses off the older gamers .

secretsimsociety likes this.
  8. secretsimsociety

secretsimsociety New Member

What I dont like is the Ep thing thy do to expand the life cycle of the game. Why release 2 eps in 2-3 months of each other. They know its going to take then at least 6 months to work out the kinks in the bugs. let alone want to do it back to back.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Actually, they only release an EP once every 6 months. They release other packs which may make you feel like something new comes out every 2-3 months. Those other packs aren't supposed to impact the game, only be additions. However, as we found out when they would release free content every week or so, that content can have an impact on the game that was unintended.

ManagerJosh likes this.