The Sims 4 won't be at E3?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I thought they had made E3 so that it was for buyers and vendors only. You going?

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

boo hoo hoo

4. ManagerJosh

And media. As for this year, I doubt it.

5. ManagerJosh

:cry:

6. KatAnubis

Bungie is going to E3. I have a friend who works there. They've been really burning the midnight oil to get their demo ready for E3. My friend has even had calls when he got home at 10pm to answer questions and do things to get information to the people who will be doing the demo. (His wife is my best friend and she's been a "single parent" through the last while since they've been getting ready.)

ManagerJosh likes this.
  7. swmeek

Yeah they're trying to come out with the successor to Halo so I'd imagine they're really running their feet off.

8. KatAnubis

Yep. They've been working on this game ever since Halo came out last. (Although I think Microsoft has pretty much taken over from Bungie on Halo.) But my friend, who is the person who designs and coordinates all the testing, has really been working overtime for the past year, but worse this past couple of weeks. They really want the game to be something special as it's meant to last 10 years!

It's coming out on XBox and Playstation (the new ones.) His wife (my best friend) was saying that she's not going to allow the XBox in the house even though they'll probably be given one by Bungie. It's "always on" with its sound and camera, even though supposedly not "in use" unless you're playing. Both of us were saying that it's a problem because of hackers who might tap into the feed. She said that she'd pull the plug rather than have it on all the time like it's supposed to be. She thinks that XBox may have to rethink that one because of customer complaints and boycotting it.

9. swmeek

That's a vulnerability that shouldn't be taken lightly.

10. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Hackers? I thought it was just going to be used so the NSA can better protect the USA's freedoms. ;)

I don't understand the need for a device to always be awake and listening. Is it really that difficult to press a button to turn it on?

11. KatAnubis

Supposedly it's so that it comes on instantly so that the person doesn't have to wait for it to warm up and boot up.

And I'm really not nearly as worried about NSA as about other types of hackers.

12. swmeek

Maybe it's so they keep their eyes on you.

13. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Being "awake" and coming on instantly does not need the mic or camera running though.

Not sure it matters anyway, from what I've heard from E3 it looks like PS4 is a clear winner.

ManagerJosh likes this.