Twins ^.^

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by FinalFantasy4ever, Sep 18, 2004.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Twins ^.^

Have any of you had twins yet? My lady had a boy and a girl. Im jupping for joy although its going to be overwhelming lol

2. copter

copter New Member

Jupping lol, I dont have The Sims 2, but I will look forward to some of the better stuff in it ;) . Can't wait to get it ;p
    Copter.

3. Soup

Soup New Member

My single mum Sim woman (with Romace Aspirations) had twin boys. They seem identical except for their hair colour; one has brown, the other black.

It's quite a pain with only one adult Sim in the house. The boys typically have the same 'cycle', ie they sleep at the same time and get tired at the same time.

The Nannys are only somewhat helpful, they don't bathe the babies nor can they teach them how to walk or talk. They also don't seem to attend to them on time, so the babies are screaming in their cribs while the mom is passed out sleeping with all of her bars yellow. Another annoying thing about the nannys is that they steal the Simoleans from the Simolean tree.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the nannys to actually be a good nanny?

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I'm still trying to get my sim married off... she was falling for the sim who is also in love with cassandra.... go figure. think i'm going to make a nice handsome neighbor for her. oh by the way guest steal money off the tree too.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I haven't had any of my sims get pregnant yet, but my friend has been coming over to play my game and HER sim has gotten morning sickness... so next time she comes over I'll get to see what happens with the baby/babies.... twins would be neat! :D

6. tlls62

tlls62 New Member

lol

this very first time i played the sims i made my character and my boyfriend's character and they fell in love and got married and all of that good stuff. well the next day i decided to make them have a baby. to my surprise she had twins. this almost killed me. it was my first time playing and i want' used to the new play. oh my it was a struggle. i hope that it is not possible to have more than two! i rea da thread on here that talked about having four at once! i would just not play those people anymore.

7. Tambourin

Tambourin New Member

The chance to get twins seems to be pretty high.
    What suprised me was that my twins, while they completely look the same, have completely different characteristics. The first one has for example neatness 10, outgoing 10 and the other has 0 for both. Aren't these characteristics part of the DNA?

8. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Babies all look about the same, and toddlers don't get a lot of facial distinction, either. In fact, assuming your Sims looked fairly similar to each other, which is not unlikely if you avoid designing ugly sims, and therefore, all of your Sims are based on whatever you consider attractive, you'll produce similar-looking children.

Obviously, these aren't identical twins, or there would not be such a large spreadgap in their stats. One of your children is thoroughly neurotic and will need severe therapy. A neatness-10 sim has severe obsessive-compulsive disorder and an outgoing-10 sim is a depraved stalker and flasher. I'd say that kid is a serial killer in the making. Or at least a guy who runs into parks wearing an immaculately clean trenchcoat to flash his immaculately groomed unmentionables at people. Freak. Neatness 0, Outgoing 0, well, he's a complete and utter slob and he's shy, but at least you only have to encourage ONE attribute, and he's at least still *SANE*.

9. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

I have a family made of a black woman and a caucasian male. They had twins after their first born. Now one of the twins skin is darker than the other, but they look excactly the same(teenagers now). I think its quite fun to play with twins. One os a party-type, very outgoing(7 I think it is), and the other is very into science.

10. J. M. Pescado

I had a pair of twins from one family, two sisters: They were a mean, nasty, ornery pair. Got along great with the rest of their family, absolutely did not get along with anyone else. They became knowledge sims, grew up, moved out together into their own house. Olive Specter kicks over the trash can right when one returns from work. An argument ensues. One of them proceeds to beat her up. Finally, low on food, I have her head in for dinner....just as the other returns home. Having left the other one unattended, she has taken it upon herself to finish the job her sister started, and is beating up on Olive Specter in the front yard. She got beat up about 20 times total before finally leaving.

The Pleasant sisters are a pretty funny pair also: They're currently both friends *AND* enemies of each other! Really! They have the "friend" icon, their relationship is about 90/60, and they're also "enemies" still, which apparently obscures the "best friends" icon. It's baffling. I guess enemies never go away, even if you make up.

11. Amories

Amories New Member

I never had twins.... =( :(
    n more then that I never had boys!!!!! There r only girls being born in the families =((((
    I dodn`t even know what 2 do when they`ll all have 2 get married....:depressed: :cry:
    What should I do 2 get the twin boys!?!?!?!?!?! :confused:

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

One of my Sims had twins. She also had fraternal twins, a boy and a girl. The father was the Sim I made of my husband: So I've been giving the RL Hubby a hard time about stumbling across the street and impregnating the first woman he found! LOL

Anyway, I believe she had twins because, after she got pregnant, I had her use the machine that raises all their bars? The mood stabilizer or whatever it's called.

I'm trying to replicate the effects. I now have poor little Mavis pregnant AGAIN, and I had her use the mood stabilizer also soon after she became pregnant. I'll let you know what I find out.

13. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

I find it really hard to get a boy. I tried to replicate the circumstances concerning the first - and only! - boy my own sims had. Other than that I can only get girls. Annoying

14. J. M. Pescado

There's not much "replication" involved. The gender of children is currently just randomly determined at birth, so you can just replay the birth over and over until you get what you want. Whether or not you get twins, however, is determined at conception: Current conjecture suggests that you are more likely to get twins if you regularly satisfy the food wants of your Sims, which would partially explain why certain PLAYERS are prone to receiving many twins, whereas others are not.

This would also seem to account for why twins are more common in my poorer families: Larger, richer families, tend to have better things to do with their time than eat for a piddly 500 ASP, and aren't on any time pressure to rake in a few ASP at the last minute to get a promotion, since they're already maxed out, whereas with families that are less well off, you tend to scavenge any Asp you can, because many of the other wants are simply out of immediate reach. Plus, poor families eat more often because they don't have maxed cooking.

15. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

1. Yeah, you can restart a saved game if you do not get the gender of baby that you want. I've done this once---I got a boy but wanted a girl, and when I restarted the game, I got my girl, so it worked. :) Um...though...it's weird that this family has a teenaged son and a little girl that both look like their daddy...:confused:

2. Hmm...I'm still wondering why my gothic lady had twins...She was living in a poor environment (had to sell the wallpaper and flooring in order to get the funds the family needed to survive. :|). Her aspiration score was too low to use the Moodinator machine (didn't want her dying on me :\). She's a knowledge person, and her husband's a romantic person (wonder if aspirations could influence twinships...hmmm...). Anyway, I'm happy. The babies have their daddy's black hair and their mommy's red eyes. :) Which is a first---I've never, EVER had babies have mixed traits before---they've usually either looked totally like their mom or their dad.

16. velouria3

velouria3 addict

I'm only getting BOYS!!! What's the deal?

17. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

The game tends to favour boys, even tho it's SUPPOSED to balance boys and girls. I had one family with 9 boys and 1 girl. If you really want a girl save just before it says you got baby boy w/e and if you get another boy leave game come back and you SHOULD get a girl.