Homecomming

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FinalFantasy4ever, Oct 2, 2003.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Homecomming

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been to homecomming. What its like and what people would usually wear. (casual, dressy, or just decent, etc)
    Thanks!

2. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. Is it an American thing?

3. FinalFantasy4ever

its after sum football game thats a home game. whats so special about this one game i dunno. It's a dance they have at school and they have a homecoming court w/e that is.
    Thats all I know about it.

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Homecoming is usually semiformal. At least it used to be. Does your school have a homecoming court? You can key off what the court wears. And the other option is ask your girlfriends what they are wearing.

5. FinalFantasy4ever

there is a homecoming court. and the other option about what my girlfriends are wearin doesn't work. most of them arent goin lol

6. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Dress as Chii. The way she does in that avatar or just other outfits you've seen her in. Just dont go too far, if you know what I mean. ;)

7. FinalFantasy4ever

lol thats great

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I thought it was when Gordon MacRae came home after the first world war.

9. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

homecomin is formal

10. OinkUsed2BABunny

FYI: Chii has worn some very elegant gowns and dresses in the anime and manga. They were none too shabby if I may.

11. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I don't like formal things. I have a tuxedo (why does that remind me of Glenn Miller?) but I have only used it once and I bought it second hand. It was at a rotten dinner where no-one, except my wife spoke and the dinner was very indifferent and there was hardly any wine available, so I couldn't get myself drunk. It is not a thing to repeat - but then I shan't. I am too old to be asked out anywhere and I can't afford to pay/.
    It is not too good not having enough money to get drunk everynight - but it might be a good thing?

12. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I would never go away so I would never have a homecoming, would I?

13. FinalFantasy4ever

o.o homecoming is so not formal! lol

14. suitemichelle

Let us know what you decide to wear and how it goes.

15. FinalFantasy4ever

it was borin borin borin!

16. suitemichelle

I'm so sorry....... but what did you finally decide to wear?

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

Now you see why i dont attend any school functions? Besides moving from school to school every other year and feeling no loyalty to the school i'm in.

18. FinalFantasy4ever

ahaha i have no school spirit but i do enjoy the band parties o.o they can be so much fun.
    i just wore decent clothes.

19. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

i do believe homecoming has lost its class and sophistication thus the people wear casual

20. OinkUsed2BABunny

Homecoming is always being overshadowed by the prom and/or other school functions. It's significance is so tiny it might as well no exsist at all, IMO.