Troubleshooting The Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff HELP ME!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Tanner, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Tanner

Tanner New Member

The Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff HELP ME!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble installing The Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff Expansion Pack. I have The Sims 2, The Sims 2 University, and The Sims 2 Open For Business installed on my PC right now. When i put The Happy Holiday Stuff CD in the drive, my PC installed it, and said it was completed. I restarted my computer, and i looked on my desktop, and there was no link to Happy Holiday Stuff!:mad: I went to my harddrive, and it is not there, nor under my program applications.

I put the Happy Holiday disc in, and it asked if i wanted to install it, so i clicked yes. Then it said, "This program is already installed!":mad: IT IS NO WHERE ON MY COMPUTER!!! Do i have to use The Sims 2 base CD to run it, or is the disc defected??? HELP ME PLEASE!!!:D

-Tanner
    Famous_TH@msn.com
    :D :D :D :D :D

2. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hi Tanner. :)

The Happy Holiday Stuff is not an expansion pack - it is merely a collection of objects. After you have installed it, you play the game using the CD of the last expansion pack, so in your case, OFB. The Stuff packs only add objects and therefore are not full expansion packs, so you don't use their CDs to play the game. The objects will be there in your Buy mode, but continue to use the OFB CD to play the game. :)

3. PipMac

PipMac New Member

Ah, thanks HugsNCuddles!

Does this apply to the error message appearing saying cannot install, nothing to update?

On a Mac (10.5.8) it does not seem to load, but I suspected it might be in there -- where do I check to see if it is actually loaded?