How Do I # of Sims on Lot

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Blade770, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

# of Sims on Lot

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but is there a file that indicates how many sims are allowed on a lot at one time? Or does that have to do with system requirments? If so could I have what those are?

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

It is determined by the game based on your computer's specs, but the game is a bit overzealous about it... you have to have quite the monster machine to get more than 2 guests allowed. Fortunately, though, it can be overridden with a cheat code. From the neighborhood screen (it doesn't work once you're inside a lot, you have to do it from the neighborhood screen), ctrl-shift-c to open the cheat window. Then type:

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8

You can replace 8 with whatever number you want, but if you go too high you will have problems. Hit enter, and if you've entered the cheat correctly, the cheat window will disappear (if it expands to a bigger window, you've mistyped something). Now when you enter a lot you should be able to invite the number of Sims you specified. The setting will stick until you exit the game; you'll have to enter it again the next time you start the game up again... but there is a file you can edit to add any cheats you want applied automatically on startup - unfortunately I don't remember where it is, but someone else I'm sure will come along and tell you.

3. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thanks a bunch!:D Because when I saw previews for Nightlife there were tons of people on a single lot at once. I always like that feeling, it adds atmosphere you know. Even though I already can have like up to 13 peeps on a lot, it just feels empty.

4. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Darn, I guess there is only a maximum allowed of 15, thats the max that i can get even if I type in the code.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It varies a lot. I sometimes have as many as 22 (since that's the number I type in and then I count who did/didn't make it to the party.)

However, I've noticed that it doesn't change how many people come to the community lots, only how many you can invite to parties. I was sorely disappointed with my new computer when I found that my community lots don't get the large numbers anymore. (While I got a better graphics card, I went from an Intel 3.2ghz P4 to an AMD dualcore 4400+ which essentially has 2.2-2.6ghz. I'm wishing I'd put off getting the dual core, which I'd put in because I am going to be working with a film editing program that needs it.)

6. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Oh I see, so you can invite a very large group to a lot and then it will be higher. Its just nice to have a lot of peeps on a lot.