Troubleshooting Installing won't work, please help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by maddmagg, Feb 11, 2006.

1. maddmagg

maddmagg New Member

Installing won't work, please help!

I've had the Sims 2 since it came out. Everything worked perfectly. About a couple months ago, I uninstalled the Sims 2 because it was taking up too much space. Now, when I try to install it again, after typing in the code, when I click next it goes directly to a small pop-up that says "Are you sure you wish to cancel installation?". If I choose Yes, the installation program shuts down but if I choose No, it goes back to the part where you type in the code and the same thing happens again. Please help!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Exactly how did you uninstall The Sims 2 the last time?

3. maddmagg

maddmagg New Member

I used the uninstall program. Also, I forgot to add, my computer caught a virus and after it was fixed I didn't attempt to install until now.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

That virus may be the very source of the problem. Most viruses are pretty hard to kill nowadays, so exactly how did you attempt to get rid of it? Did you also check for spyware, trojans, backdoors and other viruses? Usually once your system is compromised the above usually will get in and can wreck havic on your system.

5. Kungfu Joe

Kungfu Joe New Member

Sir, if you have viruses, there are very few programs that can take out all of them at once. But go to http://www.techsupportforum.com and have a look around. your best bet is to go to the "HijackThis" log area and read up on everything there is to know about that program. The people there are quick and helpful, but make sure you do some reading before you run that program. It is dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced (like me).

Virus destruction takes anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours depending on your luck, but once they are gone, they have tendencies to stay gone for awhile (assuming you lay off the limewire). Think of it like weeding your garden....except with your computer