Pregnacy from affairs...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JuliaThorne, Feb 16, 2006.

1. JuliaThorne

JuliaThorne New Member

Pregnacy from affairs...

I know I should just experience it myself, but I don't want my sim to loose her hubby. So will the spouse get angry at each other if my sim got pregnant by another sim?? heh Thanks

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

In a word, no. In a few more ... not in my experience. The hubby will seem blissfully unbothered by the cuckoo in his nest. (On t'other hand if it's hubby sowing some wild oats then his SO will be equally calm.) Sims, it seems, only get into a tizzy if they catch their beloved in the act. Probably just as well ... they do live in an ideal world, after all and would never dream of holding the sins of one generation over the next ... ah, if only we could be so forgiving :rolleyes:

3. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I have a sim from a an affair, and the spouse (a male sim) likes the child whose not his better than he likes his own two kids...

:D

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL sims are so ... fey ... aren't they? :D

5. Kimblee

fey?

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

7. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Would the sims act any different if, just say, their whole family was white - but their new baby turned out to be an alien or a different color?
    Or would they be that unaware of their surroundings when it comes to that?

(I'm going to check this out when I get back from work :p)

8. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

The only "problem" I've seen or had with that is as the illegitimate child gets older and sees his/her Mom with his/her "step" Dad, the child gets angry with Mom. It's happened to me twice and the child never actually met the real Father. They don't fight with them, they just get a cheating memory (I think) and their daily relationship plummets. Just takes some work to get it back up.

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Sims are completely color blind when it comes to race, a very nice feature of the game, IMHO.

And as long as they don't catch the other sim in the act they aren't that curious about where the simfant came from. I had a sim cheat on her wife and have a baby and the wife was excited about the kid.

Never stopped think hey, wait a minute! :D

My sim whose husband was abducted had a harder time warming up to the alien baby, though. They started with a really low relationship score.

10. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

I had this too. I think it was Jan Tellerman woohoo'd with one Sim and got pregnant and that kid saw her flirting with his grandfather and got really mad. He's never met his father either. Now his new brother is his uncle. Haven't played them in a while though, must go back and create more mischief :D

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... I've had to resort to a notebook to keep track of all my sims misdeeds :rolleyes: (and I always swore I'd never take it that seriously :eek: ) I got one couple that are so sweet though ... they always seem to want nothing more than each other and I have wrecked so many other sim marriages I decided to let them have a happy one ... ;) ... or will I?

12. JuliaThorne

JuliaThorne New Member

interesting info... i'm quite amazed how detail this game could get.. it seem to be alot more addicting than the Sims(pretty much all exp). I'm gonna try get her pregnant by a blonde and see what happens.. hehe....

13. Kimblee

heehee

w/ the insiminator, i get my sims grimmy babies alot... havn't had one grow up yet to see how they look, but my sims all seem to universally love grimmy babies

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Just had one of my sims, Suki, become pregnant with fair haired, lavender eyed David Johnson. Suki's husband is Luc Gray. Y'all know Luc, the "Blue disco shirt" guy in Nightlife. The baby was born fair and lavander eyed, and so far, Luc has been nothing but doting. :)

The ultimate example, I think, is the way that the spouses of Alien Abuctees mother the little green creatures their husbands spawn. :eek: They love those babies as if they had given birth to them, and don't seem a bit bothered by the fact that they are, um, other-worldly.

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

It took a while for my sim, Ariel, to warm up to her husband's alien spawn, though. It wasn't automatic, and took work on my part.

Maybe it depends on the sim ...