Troubleshooting Twin Naming problem

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hannahc78, Feb 20, 2006.

1. hannahc78

hannahc78 Sims 2 Rocker

Twin Naming problem

Whenever my sims have twins-one boy, one girl, it changes the name round. for instance if i put in the 'baby boy' naming box-edward and the 'baby girl' naming box-Ellie, The boy would turn out to be called Elly and the girl would turn out to be called edward. have i done something wrong or is my pc playing up??? Please help!!!!! :boggled:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That's a glitch, but not one I've heard all that much about. However, you might want to make sure that you have the most recent patch for your EPs. (Nightlife just had a new one come out recently.) The patches often take care of problems I'd never hear anyone have.

You can change the first names, fortunately. Merola64's Multipainting is probably the easiest to use (plus it gives a lot of other things to fix like interests, DNA, skills, etc.) You can find it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30927

Or, if this is something that consistently happens with your twins, then just put the names the other way around for the boy/girl pair. (With same gender twins, it probably doesn't make a difference.)

3. hannahc78

hannahc78 Sims 2 Rocker

Thanks very much for the info. i usually change their names when they become toddlers.:D