Post here which hacks do or don't work w/Open For Business

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 28, 2006.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Post here which hacks do or don't work w/Open For Business

We want to try to get a list of hacks (popular and regular) that DO and DO NOT work with Open For Business. We need everyone's help on this to help track down every single one. You can report both "global" and object hacks. NOTE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH THREAD FUNCTION TO CHECK IF THIS HACK HAS BEEN SUBMITTED

(A hacked object is something where only that particular object has been modified, like a "No-Autonomy Fridge", while a global hack has a wider effect, such as "Always stocked fridge patch", that affects all fridges. Don't worry if you don't know if it's an object or global hack!)

When you report a hack, please, try to include the following information in your post:

- The name of the hack
    - The filename of the hack (for example, "nowhatsthis.package")
    - The creator of the hack
    - The version (if you know it)
    - The website where you got the hack from
    - What kind of problems there are with the hack you experience (assuming there were some)

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Sigh.

Well, as soon as I finished opening up my 1st lot, I found out rather quickly that the CEP does not work. The majority of my downloaded recolored furniture and even the items in the garden are blinking blue.

Edit: Oops, forgot all the particulars, sorry Josh. The CEP is the color-enabler package. It's name in your downloads folder is _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package. It's from the SimsPE website and it's made by Quaxi, I do believe. I see that the last version was updated Jan. 15th, and I believe that this is my version, but no sure. I'm off to unistall and install the latest version, just to be sure.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Pescado is on top of his hacks for a change ... :rolleyes:

He has a preliminary list for his hacks already at:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3250.0

On the same site is TwoJeffs own list

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3231.0

Bet it's caused by the new object coding that allows highlighting of For Sale objects in stores.

<mutter><mutter><grumble><grumble>

eh?

Well I gots to do something while waiting for Friday :mad:

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Mirelly I'm not buying til friday probably so you'll get it before me...if that's any consolation.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Kristal, do you have the most recent CEP?

I have no problems with the CEP in my game. Nothing is flashing blue that wasn't doing it on occasion before. (I have a couple of things such as a poolside white recliner and some older stairs that have always flashed blue in the neighborhood view, but work and look just fine when I'm playing the house, so I haven't deleted them.)

And I checked all my downloads to see what happened to them, and once I'd enabled custom content (and then exited and restarted the game), they worked just fine.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

First Two Sessions - The Results

Followed my own advice ... <yawn> crikey it was tedious (never bothered with it for NL though I wished afterwards I had cos my pre-NL hood was utterly useless afterwards ... well I am short on patience sometimes.

Install was clean and without problems although the final stage (with the enigmatic "Please Wait" message) took so long I was beginning to think it had locked-up or crashed.

I only use Pescado's Director's Cut collection of hacks plus Inge Jones's No Empty Potty and Two Jeffs Age Duration Hack

I note that Pescado now has an OFB Director's cut but I built mine by hand off the first list.

So my first session (after enbaling custom content and restarting);

Worked fine on a Maxis made lot although one sim got stuck in a study >> cooking glitch. Not sure what caused it. Cancelled it and got her playing chess (the progress bar remained stuck at 95% was it was for the cooking study) cancelled the chess and the progress bar finally reset. No further problems apparent. Pescado macros working to expectations.

Second session played one of my core families. (One of a dozen or so on the Pescado lot synchroniser) ... no problems apparent.

All of my custom content, skins, genetics, make up, objects, meshes etc. are working fine with the Jan 12th version of the CEP

Not yet tested. Merola's Multi-painting or the actual no empty potty.

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Kat, I updated my CEP. I'm guessing these were older recolors or something, because it only happened on that one lot. After I updated, they stopped blinking, but are now showing the white with black-striped mesh-look. :( It's not everything, just a few certain things. As soon as I have time to track them down, I will remove them and upload newer versions.

Merola's multipainting and Inge's teleporter work fine so far. :)

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I use these hacks by Pescado and so far they all work fine:

College Clock
    Fight Club
    No Eat Crap
    Don't Wave at Me
    Vampire Fix
    Phone Hack (can't live without that one, LOL)

I think that's all. I may have forgotten one or two.

CEP works great in my game, I even have a couple of pieces of custom furniture now that I have my new high-speed RAM, but I'm being cautious because I hate playing in molasses.

My default replacement skin and eyes work just spiffy, as do all of my downloads (mostly clothes).

For what it's worth.

9. horror.show

horror.show New Member

What is a hack ?

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

a hack is a modification of behavior, from the original intention of the ea programers.

11. surprised_by_witches

No hassle baby doesn't seem to work with OFB. My sims have started hassling the kids again.

Or maybe the hack allows for a certain amount of that?

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

SBW: Is that a Pescado hack? Or someone elses?

13. surprised_by_witches

Pescado's. All of his other hacks seem to be working OK.

But maybe I'm just expecting too much of this one. The neighbors don't hassle the baby, and maybe that's all I can expect.

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I might be wrong, but I think that "No Baby Harassment" is supposed to keep people from picking up the baby on their own. You have to click on the baby and tell a family member to feed it, change it, etc. So, it does sound to me like it isn't working right. Hummmm. Maybe you have another hack that is conflicting?

15. surprised_by_witches

I'd have to do more testing. It was only once or twice.

But yes, it's possible. I have more than one hack. :rolleyes: