How Do I OFB General ?'s

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Blade770, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

OFB General ?'s

I have a couple of questions for OFB because I am sort of confused about some things since I got it. First off, what buisness's can you have at home and is there any way to get other ones to work? Also, I can't seem to get my store to make some positive cash, I pay one of my employees 20 an hour, and the other 70 an hour, I sell electronics basicaly, it would be appreciated if you could give me some tips. Also finally, is it worth to get the OFB Prima guide?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh too many questions ;)

Prima Guide? Up to you buddy. It's your money. The book is stuffed with nuggets of simmy goodness but wait long enough and all questions get answered either by experience or by asking on the surfing board :rolleyes:

Businesses? Profits? This is The Sims remember. Profit isn't important ... well not as important as satisified customers. I guess Maxis realise that most players motherlode like crazy. (You can't judge a business' success by profit when 50K is apt to arrive in the wink of an eye!)

Best advice is to have high (or the best you you have available) quality personnel doing the various jobs. eg gold star cashier on the cash register; gold star saleperson doing the selling. If you put a dork on the till and you lose custom and ratings well ... who's to blame but the manager: you! :p

3. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Well I try not to use motherlode and havn't yet. I just really can't afford to have those really highpayed peeps. Even though my Celebrity Chef side job gives me that extra bit of cash.:D

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

since you're just starting out you could be your own cashier and fire the other one. unless you're better as a salesman, of course.

5. Simcitian15

Simcitian15 New Member

I have a question about the OFB EP. How do you earn badges for selling? Whenever I have customers, I click on them and nothing for sales pops up. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

6. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

wait till they are browsing something. When they do, a little carrot shaped thing appears over their head. Click on them and you should have the option, sales, then subsection of basic sell if they don't have a badge yet.

7. Simcitian15

Simcitian15 New Member

Thanks for your help. Now all I have to do is try to get them to browse. All they ever do is hang around outside or sit in chairs. I'll give it a try.
    Thanks again

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh goodness me! :eek: The Sims is not like real life. Don't leave chairs where customers can sit down. That's asking for trouble :rolleyes: