Troubleshooting Help With The Sims 2 Open For Business

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by maggie_lovebg, Mar 12, 2006.

1. maggie_lovebg

maggie_lovebg New Member

Help With The Sims 2 Open For Business

I tried installing the expansion pack a couple of times but it doesn't work. I gets to a point where it says that I need to insert the 4th cd of the Sims 2 so that it can update it and then it freezes. Can somebody please tell me what to do to fix this problem?

2. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Possbly dumb question, but... are you inserting the fourth disc or not?

3. maggie_lovebg

maggie_lovebg New Member

......Yes it is the 4th disc. I've tried it like a hundred times and it still isn't working.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Try popping in like the first disc.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Maggie should also know that a hacked game will not successfully update. Some games modifications change the main sims2.exe file and once this is done official pathces will no longer install ... neither will expansion packs.

If you have downloaded executable game mods that were not .package files (to be placed into a downloads folder and thereby being completely safe to use because they are always removable) then you only have the option to uninstall and then to reinstall the game.

Make sure to check the FAQs (see my signature) and also make sure to back up your saved games before proceeding ....

6. ExoticJ

ExoticJ New Member

prob. fixed by now, but if you haven't yet. dont update it automaticly, instead, go to the folder where you installed it. Go to TSBin and double click on update, that worked for me. the other update will still be up though, i didn't want to take any chances of hitting cancel and it uninstall after i finally installed it, so i just turned off the computer

7. ExoticJ

ExoticJ New Member

I found the problem that fixes it. Dont press ok as soon as u put in the cd, instead wait 10-15, sometimes the cd rom doesn't read the cd if u hit ok to soon. Have fun.