How to fix pixelly body shop items?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hwes, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwes

hwes New Member

I went to bodyshop and started a brand new project, and went and looked at it straight away, didn't open it with anything, and it was already 512 by 512. So... it's bodyshop that is doing it. Help??!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Urr ... stay tuned ... (make sure you are subscribed to the thread) ... I'll put my thinking cap on (and play around with BS when I find the time)

Anyone else got any ideas?

3. hwes

hwes New Member

I have uninstalled the sims, defragged the 'puter, reinstalled the sims, installed nightlife, and while doing that fixed the reflections in the game that didn't work before, and fixed (I hope) some jumpy-bug that my sims had in the custom neighbourhood, BUT... it didn't do anything to help with this problem. And that was a really long sentence.

4. hwes

hwes New Member

*runs screaming into the thread* IT'S FIXED!!!! YAY!!!! *runs in circles screaming for many minutes, until she finally calms down enough to tell about it*
    Was doing something completely different, and I found a thread which told about another thread, which fixed it!!!! I think this link is the right one;
    http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1157535
    Thanks for helping, Mirelly! *runs screaming out of the thread*

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Nice one. Thanks for the link, hwes. This game doesn't half do some odd things, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

From what I can tell, this happens because of lower ability videocards. It's something that we have run into since we only had downloadable BodyShop (before TS2 came out.) Thanks for putting the link here to make it easier to find.

7. AmirYeah!

AmirYeah! New Member

Thanks a lot!!!

I had the same problem...
    After reading ALL of the replies, I fixed the problem by choosing the Resize option under Image (Using Corel Paint Shop Pro X). I changed the measures to 1024x1024 pixels and the problem solved!!
    Try doing that, it might help.:eek:

8. Dirty_Pop

Dirty_Pop New Member

I have the same problem, whenever I modify a piece, clothes or hair, on the game it becomes pixelly. I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro IX.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Do us a favour, Pop, and don't resurrect old threads. If you have the same problem then the same fix (as described above) will fix it. If that doesn't work start a new thread explaining what is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.