Share your Senior Moments!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 20, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Share your Senior Moments!

We've all had them. Even my daughter has had them, and she's 8. You walk into a room and can't remember why you're there. Did you turn the stove off before you left the house? Did you leave the car headlights on?

So, because I believe one of the keys to a happy life is the ability to laugh at oneself, I thought we could share our "mental pauses" here.

For example, last Friday I bought some creamer for my coffee here at work and put it in the fridge. Or did I? I spent half the weekend wondering if I was going to come in to a bad smell. I had put it in the fridge, whew, and am enjoying some creamy coffee goodness right now.

But my favorite is the dog. Is she in or out? She goes in and out so much I lose track. I actually get up in the middle of the night to see if she's in the house because I just can't remember!

So, how about you?

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I've told someone something important/funny/whatever, only to be told that I already told them, SO MANY TIMES. I've started to simply nod and say "Whatever", rather than be embarassed. You get used to it after a while, I suppose.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh dear. :eek: I no longer lock my back door when I go out ... so I can get back in again if I forget to take my front door key with me :rolleyes:

4. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

LMAO! I often walk in a room and forget why I'm there. Now, what's this thread about again?

Oh yes. I had a great one the other day. The butter often attacks me as I open the fridge door, and as usual, it did when I went to make a sandwich. But it fell on the floor and the littl e'Flora' lid came off, with butter on the floor. I wiped it with some kitchen roll, grabbed the chicken form the fridge, shoved that on the side, stuffed the kitchen roll in the fridge and slung the butter in the bin.

My Mum was just staring at me, and I'm like, 'What?'.

I always put stuff in the fridge. I usually carry the tv remote around the house with me as well, and forget what I'm saying when I say some thing.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I do all this stuff.

6. babewithbrains_14

Who are you again?

My friend has a great MSN display picture.

Attached Files:

7. surprised_by_witches

LOL. I saw a funny bumper sticker the other day: "You go, girl. And stay there."

My husband put the remote control in the freezer once.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

All my moments are senior.

Forgive me. It's past my bedtime.

9. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I'm sure I've had one of 'those moments' (or in fact a few XD) but right now I can't think of any. I'll get back to you...

10. babewithbrains_14

Gosh Lynet, it's 7:30pm already? ;)

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sometimes I even stay up until 8. :eek:

12. babewithbrains_14

You daredevil! My mother is going to stop me posting on here if she finds that out. You're a bad influence!

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

My mum has already banned me from posting here. I'll be grounded for life if she reads this :eek:

14. surprised_by_witches

Um, Mirelly, perhaps it's time to cut those apron strings, girl. :rolleyes:

15. babewithbrains_14

Why? Does Mirelly bake a lot?

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ee nollacker poosta blicken! :mad:

17. babewithbrains_14

Okay - have I messed around with the language controls on here or something? Seriously, you're making no sense to me hun. I'm not that fluent in Stupid.

;)

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Haven't you learned any Simlish?

19. babewithbrains_14

*Snorts with laughter.* Yeah. I have a social life, Mirelly! ;)

If the little buggers start whining (which they rarely do in MY universe where I am God and everyone loves me and I look after everyone) I jst shout at the computer.

Or turn the speakers off.

20. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

You know, for a moment there I actually forgot that you play Sims 2 like the rest of us. Hah...that was a big senior moment. :eek: