Crazy wants, or wouldn't it be cool if ...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Crazy wants, or wouldn't it be cool if ...

OK, I totally understand why this isn't in the game, but here's a crazy want I've got: varying heights and body types.

I know it would be a programming nightmare, but I can't help thinking how cool it would be if I could make some sims taller or shorter than others, or if I could have one sim be skinny and another be more square. Or have a flat-chested girl for a change, LOL. (And yes, I know about stretchskeleton, but that just looks weird and it doesn't stick.)

So, as some of you may have noticed, I just write my characters in my story as if they're not all the same. Max just seems tall to me, and Xena, for one, seems like she'd be petite.

Anyone else have crazy things they wish the game allowed?

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This is an old crazy want that's been brought up before but I'd like an adult stage in between 'adult' and 'elder.' 'middle age' is what it is. I've downloaded middle age hair (grey streaked) and some 'face paint' that adds wrinkles and eye bags :p to try to mimic that time of life when kids are in college and you're still working 9 to 5. But still, I feel like my age bracket has been left out of the game.

3. surprised_by_witches

I agree that it's a bit jarring to go from looking like a bouncy 20-something to boobs dragging on the floor.

Someone once came up with an exhausting-sounding list of age categories that would make your sims live almost as long as you do, LOL.

But I agree that middle age would be nice.

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yeah, in my Legacy my founder complained that it was unfair that for 30 days she would look young and beautiful, and then one morning she'd wake up and she'd be "old and wrinkled and her boobs would sag down to her waist", as quoted from Zaria Legacy herself. It's so much fun to assign personalities to each of my sims. I'm sorry, but I just never had so much fun with Kina and River...

5. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I want a choclate fountain, but they're about 50 quid and my Mum would kill me.

6. Dee

Dee New Member

I want to have morbidly obese sims. The 'fat' sims are the same but with a pot belly and slightly larger thighs (and if for a woman bigger bust and butt). It would be cool to stretcgh body parts the way you do with the face. Also when I make my family it annoys me that my mums one looks so much like her as an adult but my dad looks exact as an elder. If I make him as an elder I would have to make them marry myself and there would be no guarantees my brother will come fast followed by 3 girls. Then there is also the random skin thing. Anyone of us could turn out black or white or in between. It annoys me to the core. Aarg!

7. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

If you want to make a family exactly like yours then you'd probably have to do it in CAS. What do you mean about the "random skin thing"? I have a couple with 4 kids, two sets of twins. The dad is the darkest skin tone and the mom is the lightest and all four kids came out as one of the medium skin tones, a nice combo of the parents skin tones. If I had created them all in CAS though I could have changed that so that some of them had the dark skin and some had the light. I don't usually do that though. I did have another family where the dad was the lightest and the mom was the darkest and all three of their kids came out with the lightest skin tone like their dad and a grandchild had the medium tone.

Ruth

8. Dee

Dee New Member

On my computer the skin tones are randomly picked. My mum has the darkest skin tone and my dad is the second lightest but instead of us all having medium tone the skin colours came randomly and we ended up with evry skin tone between my mums and dads.

9. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Yeah that's one reason why I don't do real people. The kids are either going to have the wrong gender or coloring or whatever. Even in the sims world there is only so much you can control.

Ruth

10. ozoinka

ozoinka New Member

I wish we could modify/customise the control panel for our playing needs.

Not the best description, but think along the lines of the microsoft tool bar. You can add or remove certain buttons and move that to other parts of the screen to suit your purpose.

It would improve my game play. Though, I probably dont really need any more reasons to play!

It just bugs me that all the vital playing information is in on the bottom right hand side of the screen but you have to go to the left hand side of the screen to activate your sim. I know you can use the space bar to toggle through, but it adjusts the camera angle and so I prefer not to use that.

Maybe its just me, but I'm always hitting pause to set up the next few actions.

Oh Lynet, I like idea of "middle age" too.

11. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Oh my gosh, when reading those last three posts I got this crazy feeling of Deja-vu! Weird...

12. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Nah, I'm always hitting pause as well. I should really just turn free will off, it might save me some time, but I like seeing what they will do on their own if they don't have needs to take care of before the car-pool comes!

13. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I might like a few emanciated people.

My cousin is really sick and she dislikes the fact that sick sims don't look sick. (She has TB)

Also, where are our sims w/ disablities?

14. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

I would love to be able to build ramps and have Sims who use wheelchairs. :) And we have the elevators now with OFB. :)

15. Splotchie

Splotchie New Member

"I should really just turn free will off"

Hey JupiterShana, how do you turn freewill on and off?

Probably a stupid noobie question, but that one escaped me in Sims2. I remember it from Sims1, although it never seemed to work very well for me.

16. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Hmm. Methinks you have to be in a house to do this, and I'm pretty sure it isn't possible on a community lot, but you go onto settings, household settings (I'm sure it's this) and select turn free will off.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. If you have a look around on the settings when you're in a residential lot, you'll easily find it.

Any other advice for our young Splotchie friend here? IDK, you may be lder than me. I''l see if I can have a looksee now. Once again, sorry I wasn't more specific.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

crazy wants: Have the artist be able to paint in different styles like impressionism, or watercolors or charcoal drawings. I would also like them to show up somewhere in the game after being bought. also different sizes of pictures.

18. surprised_by_witches

You can paint any type of picture you want, SuiteMichelle.

I can't remember the method, would have to do some digging, but it has to do with importing a painting from a graphics program and pasting into the game while the "still life" option is on.

I once had a sim paint a Rembrandt.

Different sizes, not so much ... I just want frames. I know someone made a hack for those, maybe it's time I got it.

19. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

I really would like frames, and the option to paint in landscape orientation instead of always portrait.

20. surprised_by_witches

Landscape would be nice. Does anyone know where to find the frames hack? I'm guessing MTS2. I may check there later.

I would love a tire swing that you could hang from a tree, but then there are lots of objects I'd like to have. And weather would of course be nice.

OK, here's one: wet hair. My husband happened to see a sim taking a shower and said, "Hey, waterproof hair!" It could stay wet for a little while after they showered ... OK, I know, very trivial but it could make for some fun pictures. Or, when they got hit with a water balloon, wet hair and shirt would be funny.