How Do I Attracting Burglars!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Chanced, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Chanced

Chanced New Member

Attracting Burglars!

I've been playing the sims2 for a very long time now, and i have experienced most things, well except for Burglars, i have never ever once had an encounter with a Burglar in any of my lots, ever.

I was wondering how i might be able to attract these villans, i mean i have lots of expensive stuff in my housing, i have cars, last of all i have security alarms which basically never need to be put in because i just dont seem to have burglars.

I wasnt to sure if you needed other neighbours to be in the Crime Job's or if it was just pure co-incidents. If anyone has any idea, please tell me id be very greatfull.

Thanks

Rob

2. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

As far as I know, I don't think there is much you can do to attract burglars. I've had a couple of them myself (they took the poor children's toybox. Can you believe it?! ;.; ). Maybe getting rid of your alarms would help. But I'm not 100% sure. =/

3. nclint420

nclint420 New Member

well i had a c.d player outside and a party deck on the back of my house and i got robbed all the time... but for some reason they would steal my t.v that was inside the house... so everytime i build a house with outdoor party area i buy myself a alarm:)

4. Dee

Dee New Member

I have had a burglar come and steal my toilet once and she damned well got away with it, then my sim couldn't afford to replace it and wet themself.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh my! Wipes coffee from the screen .... :D

6. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

I dunno about attracting burglers but I do know that they will only come when everyone on that lot is asleep sometime between midnight and dawn. Burglar alarms won't stop them from comming, they just call the police when the burglar enters the house. This can actually be a good money making strategy for a poor sim... Make sure the alarm is next to the front door and that everything the burglar can steal is several tiles away, then put everyone to bed just before midnight. If a burglar comes he/she will enter via the front door (setting off the alarm) then proceed to "case the joint" thinking about what to steal first, giving the police time to show up before he grabs anything. The rest depends on luck. The worst that can happen is the burglar beats up the cop and runs away without any loot. If the cop wins the fight, your sim gets a 500 simoleon reward for "capturing a known criminal".

A humorous side benefit to burglars is that they can be a easy to make friend. Your sim will be furious with them for several sim-days but when they are done fumming their relationship score with the burglar will switch from positive to negative *without changing the numbers*! One phone call at this point can turn them into an instant friend. ;)

7. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

On multiple occasions I've tried to attact burglars to my lot but I have been unsuccessful with everything so far.

As of yet I still haven't seen a burglar (other than people still in their work-uniform). :\

8. Splotchie

Splotchie New Member

"A humorous side benefit to burglars is that they can be a easy to make friend. "

How interesting, I've never even noticed them showing up in my relationship list. I'll pay closer attention from now on. Heck, maybe I'll even have some hot, but lonely sim chick fall for the loser thief. :p

If you want the burgler to show up, I'd remove the security device. Whenever I forget to install them is when the dude tiptoes on in. There have only been a couple of times when he's shown up when a security device is installed and frankly it isn't as much fun to watch if the police show up. His casing routine is the best ['course no cop means big losses]. Sad that you have never experienced it. Good Luck.

9. simswonders

simswonders New Member

I have had a burglar come and steal my toilet once and she damned well got away with it, then my sim couldn't afford to replace it and wet themself.

Darn, that was one of the funniest things I read about the Sims 2 so far :D

With the burglars, I had one come while my Sims were outside swimming and grilling. So they do come when you are awake sometimes.

I have to admit, I rarely WANT them to come....

10. dntelfan

dntelfan New Member

The only times I've ever had them was early on in the game.

Actually I can't remember if I had them in The Sims 2. I definitely had them lots in he The original Sims.