How Do I How do I download things like clothes, etc.?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by BrIaNsBaBy, Mar 26, 2006.

1. BrIaNsBaBy

BrIaNsBaBy New Member

How do I download things like clothes, etc.?!

I have had The Sims 2 for a good while now, its is my most FAVORITE game...but I haven't yet figured out how to download things off of the internet for it like I did for The Sims....obviously you download it to a different spot, but I just don't know where to download it to...:confused: if someone would PLEASE help me figure out how to do this, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!:)

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

When you click on the link to download, a box-window-whatever thingy comes up asking if you want to 'Open' it or 'Save' it. You click on 'Save' (At least, I do. I'm not sure if I do it the normal way because I had to figure it out myself. You can imagine my joy when I found that the downloads did show up in the game after I fiddled around with them for a good half hour) and then the 'Save to' thing comes up. Click on 'My Documents', then 'EA Games', then 'The Sims 2', and then look for the folder named 'Downloads' in that big long list. Click on that, click save, and then wait for the download to finish, well, saving. After it's done, it says 'Download Complete', and you click on 'Open'. Then the program that you have for extracting (if you don't have one, I recommend WinRar. Even after the 40 day trial is over, you can still keep using it and you don't have to pay! I think the website is simply winrar.com.) comes up with the thing(s) you are downloading in a list. You click on that and click on 'Extract', extract it to the same 'Downloads' folder as above, and then you're done. After that you can close the program and delete the unzipped folder.

That was a bit hard for me to shell out. I don't usually give advice, but I decided to now anyway. I hope it's right...Come forth, Mods!

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I like the Sims Maid. You can download her from the MTS2 site. Plop her on your desktop. Download any files you want to your desktop (or wherever you want), then open the Sims Maid and drag the files onto the "lawn." She'll tell you if any of the files were corrupt, and won't install those. She unzips zip and rar files automatically.

Afterwards you can delete the files from your desktop, unless you want to keep them for some reason.

Voila!

4. Splotchie

Splotchie New Member

"Sims Maid and drag the files onto the "lawn." She'll tell you if any of the files were corrupt, and won't install those. She unzips zip and rar files automatically."

Question for you, Surprised. Does the maid actually unzip them and insert them to the Sims 2 download folder or just unzip like winzipie or winrar? Does MTS2 [that is modthesims2, right?] charge or is that a freebie? :confused:

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

It's a free program, and she puts them into your game automatically, or brings up the sim installer panel for certain items.

I should say that she can only tell if a zip or rar file itself is bad, not if the content of the file is buggy. So install at your own risk.

I hear Clean Installer checks for viruses and such, but I can't download it to my machine, as I have dialup and it times out before the program is finished, or rather, before the auxillary program it requires is finished.