How Do I Using your own music

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Dufs, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Dufs

Dufs New Member

Using your own music

Can you use your own music in TS2? If so, how?

Thanks!

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, you can. I've never tried it, myself. You need to put the music in the "music" folder and then choose it in-game on the audio control panel.

At least that's what I seem to remember. If I'm wrong someone else please chime in.

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Right. Here's the way I used to do it - but it took up a lot of memory on my crappy lappy. Hehe, that rhymes.

1) Open My Documents.

2) Gon into My Music.

3) Copy and paste any music you want playing in game into a new folder somewhere on your desktop. This makes life simpler, and you can delete it afterwards.

4) When it's all pasted into a new folder, select all files - not the folder itself - and copy them all at once.

5) Go back onto My Documents, --> EA Games, --> The Sims 2, --> and Music.

6) Not sure, but I think with the the EP's you get a different music genre. It doesn't matter anyway. There should be a list of folders with names such as 'pop' and 'rnb' and 'nhood', etc. Open each one one at a time and paste you music files into it. Then go back and into the next folder, and so on.

7) Finito!

I didn't have to make any changes in game, but I found that putting my own music in slowed down the game and my computer, as it took up quite a bit of memory. Sometimes the default music can annoy you though. Any more help needed just ask here.

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

How do you get Sims 2 music from the game?

5. babewithbrains_14

That I don't know. The Sims 2 music will still play but your onw music will be added to the playlist and play as well, if that's what you mean.

However, if you mean to take music from the game and use it for your own means and purposes, I don't have a clue. I do know that for some strange reason I have TS1 music on my Windows Media Player, and I didn't put it there.

6. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Awww, I liked the Sims 1 music. Sims 2 music is more modern-ish, but Sims 1 music had that sort of classy feeling to it...*shrugs* I don't know what I'm talking about.

7. babewithbrains_14

8. desirelewis

desirelewis Dezi-X

If you download the 'SimPE' you can open the sound package files and extract them to your pc et voila' you can listen to the music outside of the game.

Dezi-

9. dntelfan

dntelfan New Member

I agree that The Sims 2 music was much better. The music in 2 kind of annoys me. But with the NightLife expansion it improved. Still nowhere near as pleasant as The Sims 1. If I could import it into The Sims 2, I would.

10. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

You can, if you still have TS1 installed. Unlike TS2 which keeps its music locked away in package files, the TS1 music was just plain MP3s. If you still have it installed, I don't remember the exact folder path, but poke around in there and you'll find the MP3s. Then follow Babe's instructions above to copy them into your TS2 music folders.

11. babewithbrains_14

I thought my instructions were quite informative for me, really. I was all pleased with myself for being so helpful! :D

12. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, nice job, Babe. (Pats Babe on head, gives her a cookie.)