Troubleshooting Out-of-loveness

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by meebob012, Apr 3, 2006.

1. meebob012

meebob012 New Member

Out-of-loveness

Hi guys

I had my sim (who is currently attending a University) ask out one of his friends on a date. The date went very well (it was a dream date) and they went from being friends to being best friends, in love, and engaged. Shortly after he became a sophmore in college, he had earned enough money to rent a house. I had his fiance move into the house with him. It turns out, when she moved in, she was a freshmen and he was already a sophmore. I didn't want them to be in two different grades so I had her go to a community lot and made her do a lot of class work and increase her skills. She did this for about four days or so (with a few "MaxMotives" in between) and soon she graduated freshmen year. When I had her go back to the house, they were in the same grade, but they seemed to only have crushes on each other. They have 100% relashionships and they're still engaged but for some reason they just won't fall in love. It says in both their memories that they have fallen in love with eachother, but yet all they have is a crush. Now because they don't love eachother they can't get married! Can someone please help??

2. Ginger1888

Ginger1888 New Member

No Worries!

Lol , I had the same reaction when this first happened to me, too! What happens is, instead of the red heart (indicating love) it turns into two rings, meaning they're like more than in love. Don't worry, they still love each other. If that's not it, maybe it's a glitch? If I were you, I would have the wedding and just see what happens. If they leave each other at the altar, maybe it wasn't meant to be. :) Or have them fall in love all over again. Either/or.

3. meebob012

meebob012 New Member

But the problem remains that there is no "propose.../marriage" option. Ive tried throwing a wedding party but it isn't an option under the "parties" section.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Are they still in college? You can't get married until after you've graduated.

Also, there's not enough room in the little box to show they're engaged and in love. Trust me, they're still in love. Just, instead of a red heart you see an engagement ring, and eventually joined wedding bands.

Unless they stopped talking to each other or got in a fight, they're still in love.

5. meebob012

meebob012 New Member

SBW--

...Did I metion I love you?

'Cause I do...

*mind is at ease*

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'm taken, dear, but I appreciate the sentiment ... ;)