How Do I another headmaster problem

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by caduto, Apr 7, 2006.

1. caduto

caduto New Member

another headmaster problem

i know you guys have had a lot of these questions but ive read through them and they dont seem to be the same as mine.

basicly i have 4 kiddies who would love to go to private school (and a seperate house with one kiddie) i have tried to get all the kids into private school but its just not working. i ring up the headmaster and he makes an appointment for 5pm the next day... he arrives.. and he leaves.. within 2 seconds he is back in his car and off again.. i have tried this 5 times now with no luck. he says we are not the sort of family he wants to be associated with..
    now the family with 4 kids i can understand cos although they have all the best furniture and stuff, they only have a small house to put it all in, but the family with one kid.. well, they have the biggest lot size and a HUGE house and all the best stuff and neither of them work cos they are millionaires.

how do i get the headmaster to stay so i can show him around and impress him with all my lovely furniture and cooking skills?????

help me!!!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

This is a known bug. There is a hack to fix it good and proper but the website that has it is currently unavailable.

The simple way to fix the problem is to immediately phone and invite the HM again as soon as his car has left your lot. If you ring before 6pm the HM will arrive immediately and should stay.

First check that you have the latest patch for your game.

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches

3. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

I had this problem a lot as well. After much research I found that it happens most when you save your game between calling the headmaster and his arrival. If you are the save-often and restart type (like me - though I'm trying to cut down on that sort of thing) just save the game *before* calling the headmaster and it shouldn't be a problem.

4. simswonders

simswonders New Member

Yeah that kept happening to me too and my Sim child finally got into private school two days before becoming a teen.

I read the trick to fixing it here.

Call the headmaster again at about 4pm, DON'T save in between and he should stick around. Also, try to have a Sim with the highest cooking skill points make an awesome meal (salmon and Lobster work wonders) and have them prepare it at around 4:30 - 5:00 so that while he is touring the house, the food is being cooked.

Immediately after ending the tour, call him for dinner and make sure the silly telly is off otherwise he goes and watches it.

If the meal is salmon or lobster, schmooze points (for me) usually come up high as well.

If all goes well, the tour and the meal should mean you only have to schmooze 2 or less points out of the headmaster.

Good luck!