Help?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xingjianma, Apr 9, 2006.

1. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

Help?

Ok, here's the problem: I have a family of a married couple, plus a child an a toddler. I installed two custom clothings, so I had the female adult, called Marissa, go downtown in a taxi to a cloth shop, and bought these two things, one underwear, one...well the thing you wear when you work out(I have the Chinese version). Anyways, after she got off the taxi in front of the house, something happened. I tried to select her to change cloths, but found her unselectable. The male, Tracey, and the child, Steven, were "Calling Softly"or something like that. Then I saw her lying on the ground. I thought at first that she fainted, but then the Grim Reaper appeared and she died!

Do you have any idea what happened? Could it be because of the custom packages? Or is it just a randon event? And BTW, I didn't save it after she died. Thanks!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Nope that sounds like a normal death to me. When you replay make sure to look after her health. Is she just starting a pregnancy? Pregnant sims can starve to death quicker than non-pregnant ones. Going to a community lot isn't an option once the bump starts to show, but even a first trimester mom could get hungry enough to die in the taxi coming home.

Failing that she may have caught a bad case of the flu and you didn't let her rest enough. Custom clothing should be able to kill a sim.

Play the family again, but let Marissa rest and see what happens then. Even if she dies you can always get Tracey or Steven to plead with the Reaper for her life ... the option is only available while the Reaper is consulting his clipboard ...

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Custom clothing SHould be able to kill a sim??? shouldn't I would think. sorry I am the last person to correct a typo. since I got my nails done I can't type worth a hill of beans.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I wondered about that, too ... what a mental image. :eek:

5. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

Well, I just had Tracey and Marissa do the TFB, RIGHT before having her go into town, not sure if it worked. I actually checked her meters, before leaving the store, the only one low was Hunger, but it was about half full, so I didn't have her eat anything. Since Free Will was on, she DID try to cook hamburgers a couple of times while waiting for the taxi.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL me and my typos will get me lynched one day :eek:

7. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

Well, played that family again. To my chargrin, it was saved right before Marissa got off the taxi. As soon as she got off, she became unselectable. She was holding her throat, and coughed a few times. Then she fell and Grim Reaper arrived. However, Tracey succeeded in pleading for her life.

I'm just curious. What IS the reason for her death?

8. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

It sounds to me like the pregnancy choking death, which happens when you send a pregnant sim to a community lot during her first trimester, before her belly pops out.

This has never happened to me because I read about it a while ago and I'm careful not to do this. But it was supposedly fixed with the Nightlife patch, right, y'all?

9. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

So is it a bug or is it how Maxis designed it?

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I think it's a bug. I've managed to avoid it, but even after installing the NL patch I never save and quit until my sim's belly has popped. I'm too superstitious.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I think I lost a sim to it quite early on. She suddenly collapsed and died while I wasn't actually looking so I don't know if she clutched her throat at all. However she was at around 40% hunger (so not starving) all other needs were green. I quite liked the idea that sims could die for no apparent reason so I let her go and played on with the rest of the little critters.