How Do I Custom Sims

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xingjianma, Apr 12, 2006.

1. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

Custom Sims

What do I do after I unpackage custom Sims to the Downloads folder? I can't find them in any neighborhood. Thanks!

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

It's sort of misleading... when you download a custom Sim it's more of a template than an actual character. You have to go into Create-A-Sim to make a new family, and when you add a new Sim you'll see your downloaded "template" Sim among the choices for a starting point. I'm sorry I don't know offhand the exact buttons to click; I don't spend much time in CAS. But poke around and you'll find it.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Just a note. Packaged sims should always be a .Sims2Pack file; For example mirelly.Sims2Pack (I always wanted to be a packaged sim :eek: )

Doubled click the file and it will be installed by the game's built-in installer.

However it doesn't belong in the Downloads folder; instead it will be put into the SavedSims folder. However if the custom sim was built with any custom content such as make up, clothing, genetics etc. then that custom content will also be added to the game and that will be placed in Downloads ... all this is done automatically by The Sims 2 Package Installer.

4. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member

Well, actually that was what I meant. They all came with the Sims 2 Package Installer, and I installed them, but I still can't find them in game. So is it like Hellokit said, you have to use Bodyshop? Or is it...something else?

EDIT: I opened Bodyshop, found what I was looking for, and stauched! I have no clue what to do next! More help , please!

5. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

No, no, not BodyShop. Start the game and go into the neighborhood you want the new Sim to live in. Click the families button and click the add new family button. Once you're in the Create-A-Family screen, click the add a Sim button. Among all the different screens for options for your new Sim, there will be one screen that lets you select from pre-designed Sims. Your custom "template" Sim will be in there. Once you've selected him/her, you can tweak some of the settings if you want, choose different clothes, and apply an aspiration and personality.

6. xingjianma

xingjianma New Member