Severe Family Fun Stuff Bug

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Severe Family Fun Stuff Bug

Hello Simmers,
    Weve discovered an issue with The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Pack that will be in stores by April 13th. We are working to fix this immediately.

If you have The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Pack and use one of the new Family Fun outfits in Create-A-Sim to dress your Sim, and then exit the game, when the game reloads, the outfit will no longer be available in Create-A-Sim or for purchase on Community Lots. However, the Sim (or Sims) wearing the outfit will still have the outfit. This is a bug and it is our top priority to fix this issue as soon as possible. When the patch is issued the outfits will be restored to the game.

Currently there are a few workarounds to use until the fix can be issued. If you go to a community lot and purchase the new Family Fun Stuff Pack outfit rather than using it in Create-A-Sim, you will not experience the issue. This is highly recommended.

If you backed up your user data before installing The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Pack, you can uninstall/reinstall to restore the outfits in your game.

We are very sorry about this issue and will have it fixed soon.

Thank you.
    MaxoidKane

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm glad they officially posted this.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

4. ExoticJ

ExoticJ New Member

is the patch out yet?

one more question, can i use family fun pack to play the game rathern then open 4 buisness?

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

All you need to play the game is the original Sims 2 game. Everything else is optional. Family fun pack is just a bunch of stuff you can buy for your sims.

I've heard it gives your computer a head cold and causes it to sneeze data all over you. Better have a hanky handy.

AAaaaa.... aaaaa .... aaaaaa... CHOOOOOOO!!!!

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

ROTFLMAO at SBW!!!:D

Are y'all sitting down? I haven't bought FF yet. I am in no hurry to buy FF. I am the first one to pre-order just about everythign else Sims-related, but I just have no desire for Family Fun.

7. KatAnubis

The nice thing about this is that unlike the regular EPs you don't miss out on anything other than objects and the like.

I didn't get the Holiday pack. I may pick it up next year, just to have the base object meshes, but I don't bother with doing "Holiday" things with my Sims. They seem happier without the pressure that celebrating holidays seems to have for real people.:rolleyes:

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'm with you. Even if it was bug-free, matching family outfits creep me out. And I can download much cuter stuff for free.

Don't buy the holiday pack, is my advice. Santa is just too buggy.

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yeah, the "fun" decorations looked like the stuff at a little beach motel we stayed in a few years ago for a weekend with Nana and the kids. Place was clean, owners were nice, but boy, did it have some odd "beachy" style furnishings.

Here's the website. We actually stayed in the room with the "turtle." :)
    http://www.caribbe-inn.com/

10. KatAnubis

LOL, Kristal! I think that's what they were definitely aiming for with FF!