Grimmy Phone

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Shintoga, May 8, 2006.

1. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Grimmy Phone

How come you can only resurrect certain Sims and not others using the phone? My Legacy Sim Elliot Long called a girl he met in college (Autumn Knight) over so he could get to know her well enough to get engaged to her, but in a moment of slack concentration (mine:rolleyes: ) she went and played with Imperial's Cow Plant, and predictably got eaten; nobody drank her remains, and her tombstone is on the lot she died on... but now I can't bring her back, though I can bring back the grandparents who both died of old age. Is there any way whatsoever of getting back other Sims who aren't on the Grim's list?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Grimmiy doesn't come for the Cow Plant's victims so I can only assume that's the cause, Shinny. I've not tried it myself ... indeed I only use the plant to "off" sims less painlessly than drowning or starving them. If you have a NL/OFB inventory back-pack now would be a good time to start using it to keep Moo-kie on ice until needed ... just leaving him out in the jardin is asking for trouble :p )

Meanwhile I suggest Elliot drinks Autumn and uses the extra 3 days to find another mate ... :p

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Moo-kie. Heh.

I didn't get my cowplant victim back either, but then, my sim drank him. But, good to know it didn't make any difference.

Once they're et, they're et.

4. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I don't think I've ever had anyone eaten by the cow plant. Oh well.

5. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Ooh that reminds me. Before my big Family Fun-initiated computer blow up and subsequent loss of all previous games, I had a royal kingdom family, and they had a cow plant in the back yard. This cow plant was surrounded by a "fence" that was as high as a regular wall, and had a gate that I locked to everyone. Does anyone know how someone got inside to eat the cake? I was just minding my own never mind and I heard not fun music, and was appalled to see that someone had apparently climbed the 10-ft high wall I had painstakingly built just to prevent such deaths. The poor townie. But that'll teach not to pick the locks on locked gates. :knockedout: But seriously, does anyone know how that could have happened?

6. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

I've successfully resurrected cow-plant victims before. Thats how the Hunter family obtained their faithful zombie house servents. I've also had cow-plant victims be unavailable for resurrection. I can't say for sure, but I think you need to have a "friend" relationship with the dead sim before you can call Grimmy on their behalf. And of course, don't drink the cow plants life-juice until after you've called Grimmy.

HTH

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I would suspect that you used a custom made fence that was cloned from one of the flower borders edgings ... they are quite easy to climb over :knockedout:

8. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Hmmm. I didn't think about that. Since it was a Royal Kingdom family, I tried to stick with a medieval theme, so it could quite possible have been a custom fence. Interesting...:p